LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 12-09-2014, 08:26 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Back-Up Camera Blue Screen and Fix

Had a nice trip with my wife and two sons last weekend. When we left the hotel, I let the boys load the bed with our gear. We got about 2 miles down the road and I heard a bug clunk. The tailgate wasn't latched and crashed down. No biggy, closed it up and drove 500 miles home. As I backed into the driveway I noticed my back-up camera only showed a blue screen. No picture. I learned on another forum to check the plug in the tailgate behind the service cover. Sure enough the plug was completely disconnected. I popped it on and the camera is back on line. I love these forums for these kinds of tips that saved me probably 3 hours at the dealer. Here's a picture of the plug after I attached it.

Accused, Boocoodinkydow and ECO33 like this.

2014 1500 EcoDiesel Outdoorsman, Cherry Red, Backup Camera, Limited Slip Diff, Remote Start, Bed Liner, Side Steps, Rear Window Defroster, Undercover Flex, Weathertech Mats, Husky Mud Flaps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-09-2014, 03:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Interesting that they come disconnected in the first place, were there broken clips or anything?
post #3 of 3 Old 12-09-2014, 03:17 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accused View Post
Interesting that they come disconnected in the first place, were there broken clips or anything?
Nope, I read a couple of other threads where they got the "blue screen" and the dealer said a plug was just loose. If mine started loose, it was knocked right off by the tailgate slamming open. Popped right back on, there don't seem to be any clips holding it in place.

2014 1500 EcoDiesel Outdoorsman, Cherry Red, Backup Camera, Limited Slip Diff, Remote Start, Bed Liner, Side Steps, Rear Window Defroster, Undercover Flex, Weathertech Mats, Husky Mud Flaps

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page