Power folding mirrors - Ram 1500 Diesel Forum
 2Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 10-08-2014, 12:22 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Power folding mirrors

I was under the impression that the RAM 1500 didn't have power folding mirrors available... But in this list:

Ram - Model Selector - Compare All Models

There are several models (outdoorsman, laramie) that say they are power folding.

Is that missing comma, as in "power, folding". From the website (on the outdoorsman):

"Power Folding, Heated, Auto-Dimming Black 6x9-Inch Exterior Mirrors with Courtesy Lamps and Supplemental Turn Signal"

That would be fantastic, I could fold them to get through my narrow garage door.
rem26 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 Old 10-08-2014, 09:17 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Iowa
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
My limited has power folding mirrors. I think the models that come with the tow package(brake controller and tow mirrors) do not have power mirrors. I'm sure the lowest trim models aren't power either but it is available.
Cummins06TD is offline  
post #3 of 12 Old 10-08-2014, 10:07 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 77
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
I can confirm the 1500 do have these folding lights, I have the folding mirrors on my 1500 Big Horn - They swing in parallel to the sides of the truck at a push of the button, they also have the built in blinkers, ground lighting that illuminates the ground when the doors are opened or unlocked by the keyfob, and also auto tint when cars pull up behind me at night, plus they are heated!
- I do not have the full towing package, I do have the hitch to carry the max towing cap, sway bars and the 5-point trailer plug in, but no modulator for trailer breaks (trailer break assist?) So only the truck breaks for stopping while towing, but I only tow <4000lbs atv and utility trailer.

2014 RAM Big Horn EcoDiesel
Bi-Weekly tow: 400 - 600 KM
- CanAm CommanderX1000 & trailer 3500-4000lbs
gadfly2 is offline  
 
post #4 of 12 Old 10-08-2014, 10:10 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 77
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rem26 View Post
I was under the impression that the RAM 1500 didn't have power folding mirrors available... But in this list:

Ram - Model Selector - Compare All Models

There are several models (outdoorsman, laramie) that say they are power folding.

Is that missing comma, as in "power, folding". From the website (on the outdoorsman):

"Power Folding, Heated, Auto-Dimming Black 6x9-Inch Exterior Mirrors with Courtesy Lamps and Supplemental Turn Signal"

That would be fantastic, I could fold them to get through my narrow garage door.
Yes'sir, I used them in a few tight places; my garage, between some trees, also to fit in a tight parking spot between two other full size trucks (parking spots here seem to be built for small cars, my bumpers go beyound the lines by at least a foot on both ends lol). I should also mention I am guilty of trying to see if I could get better milage one night on the highway by bringing them in, so they will activate at any speed, no safety lock while the truck is in motion.
Accused likes this.

2014 RAM Big Horn EcoDiesel
Bi-Weekly tow: 400 - 600 KM
- CanAm CommanderX1000 & trailer 3500-4000lbs

Last edited by gadfly2; 10-08-2014 at 10:13 AM.
gadfly2 is offline  
post #5 of 12 Old 10-08-2014, 10:21 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Thanks for the details! Perfect, much easier to get into the garage with folding mirrors.
rem26 is offline  
post #6 of 12 Old 10-08-2014, 04:14 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 111
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
If you already have your truck but dont have the power mirror option

power fold mirrors - Page 7 - DODGE RAM FORUM - Dodge Truck Forums
dravas is offline  
post #7 of 12 Old 10-10-2014, 01:12 PM
Member
 
Hershey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 93
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Garage
I have them on my 1500 Laramie Long Horn. They work great for tight spaces! One thing I'm curious about: are the mirror control buttons on the driver's door supposed to be back-lighted at night? All my other buttons & switches are lighted, just not the mirror buttons...
Hershey is offline  
post #8 of 12 Old 10-10-2014, 02:49 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hershey View Post
I have them on my 1500 Laramie Long Horn. They work great for tight spaces! One thing I'm curious about: are the mirror control buttons on the driver's door supposed to be back-lighted at night? All my other buttons & switches are lighted, just not the mirror buttons...
I have the same truck & I don't think mine are either. I'm going to check it out when the sun goes down.
Hershey likes this.
staceyseeger is offline  
post #9 of 12 Old 10-10-2014, 05:42 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 830
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadfly2 View Post
Yes'sir, I used them in a few tight places; my garage, between some trees, also to fit in a tight parking spot between two other full size trucks (parking spots here seem to be built for small cars, my bumpers go beyound the lines by at least a foot on both ends lol). I should also mention I am guilty of trying to see if I could get better milage one night on the highway by bringing them in, so they will activate at any speed, no safety lock while the truck is in motion.
and did it work
Accused is offline  
post #10 of 12 Old 10-10-2014, 05:46 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 406
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
It would be a huge disappointment if they aren't backlit. That would be something I'd think should be an easy thing to think of when developing that system, need some way to see it at night.
Haulin is offline  
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I have a question, Hemi is a better deal, more power and towing etc... SD1 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel General Discussion 30 09-03-2014 04:41 PM
No plans for a diesel Ram Power Wagon Panther Dash The Truck Lounge 3 06-04-2014 12:46 PM
2014 Ram Power Wagon Will Debut at the NY Auto Show Diesel Washington The Truck Lounge 10 04-18-2014 09:50 AM
Some Calculated Power Figures Accused Ram 1500 EcoDiesel General Discussion 9 01-31-2014 02:23 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome