2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 Old 04-10-2015, 09:42 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Thumbs down P20EE and DEF problems

Hi, first I'll introduce myself, 2014 Ram 1500 ecodiesel 15k kms, SLT 4x4 super crew built date 08_2014
I have been having problems as its well known with CEL coming on with the dreaded p20ee and DEF problems.
This is unacceptable that there is no recall for this. we can't keep quiet and blame it on the cold climate( although even ppl in warmer climates are having this issues). I bought this truck based on all those good reviews I wish I could talk to those reviewers and see what they have to say about these trucks now. Every time I hear that beep from the check engine light I go not again. Please guys speak up that we can get some results. Thanks
Chezpaul likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 04-11-2015, 11:40 AM

I'm 15,000 miles in and flawless so far!

Oil change, HID upgrade, and rotating tires. Well i did have one flat so far so Its hasn't been completely flawless. But tires have nothing to do with the truck.

Took it to on two 700 mile round trips this week and 26 MPG on the first and 28 MPG on the second. This is all going 5MPH over the speedlimit. 90 % interstate.
post #3 of 20 Old 04-12-2015, 10:47 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I have the same issues as well. 5th time back at the dealership for issues related to the emission system. New cat converted installed this week. Next week, big question mark!!!!

post #4 of 20 Old 04-14-2015, 01:11 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Well, here I am again. Yesterday April 13, CEL back on again, code P24C6. 6th time back to dealership with emissions issues. They are looking after me, but I have to travel 65 kilometers every time.
I talked to a service rep at Chrysler and asked for an entire emission system change. They said that they will change parts as they fail. How many times will I have to go back?
Stay tuned!!!!!!!
post #5 of 20 Old 04-22-2015, 10:31 AM

Cat converter fix

I had the same prob with the p020ee code. Dealer changed 02 sensor. Did not fix. They then replaced cat converter. I have now put 8k miles, no issues, no more codes.

2014 ST Dodge Ram Ecodiesel Club Cab 4x4
post #6 of 20 Old 04-29-2015, 11:10 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
My truck has 14500 miles and is been in the service 17 days already for code 20ee, they replace the O2 sensor, cat converter but still with the same problem. I think ill put a claim for Lemon law. Any advice
post #7 of 20 Old 05-16-2015, 12:32 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
5300 miles and so far the only problem has been a faulty TPMS in the left rear tire. The dealership said that there had been a bad batch and replaced all four. Other than that, just an oil change and the truck has been flawless.
post #8 of 20 Old 05-29-2015, 01:51 PM

2014 ED...Larime Crew Cab mfg date 08-2014, 8 weeks old starter fried due to "poor factory ground," I threw a ck engine light in late March (8000 miles) and they said the PCM was fried so could not retrieve the code, repair two days later and drove it about 600 miles and threw anothe ck engine light, went to another dealer and they said it was the P020EE code, reset it and did "nothing else" said it was a residual code and I have been driving it since (11,444 miles today). I looked on line and the P020EE code has had issue with DEF injectors, DEF line cloggin, and O2 Sensors/Cat issues....I always drive it with anticipation of that ding and light now, what a way to have to enjoy a $50K purchase, I will think long and hard before buying another Chrysler/Ram product, and this is my second RAm. My son and I each had bought two together, but if any further problems develop, maybe no more. He bought the Hemi both times, guess he outsmarted me on the ED vs Hemi Choice. ED has not been proven out well, and certainly not supported well by Chrysler/Ram.....from what I read and hear, poor concern for their customers, long wait for parts, and far too many issues for my liking....I would think twice before purchasing the ED version of this truck....
post #9 of 20 Old 05-29-2015, 01:55 PM

PUNCH #1 AND #2 CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ON . CODE p2OEE-00 SCR NOX CATALYST EFFICIENCY BELOW THRESHOLD BANK 1 . CHECK BULLETINS AND STAR (FOUND BULLETIN NUMBER 18-045-14 ) (265PUNCI-11) PERFORMED DIAGNOSTICS FOR P2OEE. CHECKED DEF CONCENTRATION FOUND DEF FLUID OK AT 32.5%. REMOVED DEF INJECTOR AND PERFORMED INJECTOR QUANTITY MEASUREMENT TEST. TEST PASS AT 30ML. FOUND DECOMPOSITION TUBE IS PLUGGED WITH DEF CRYSTALLIZATION. CALLED JAMIL AT TECHLINE AND HE ADVISED TO CLEAN TUBE THOROUGHLY AND FLASH PCM TO LATEST SOFTWARE LEVEL. CAREFULLY CLEANED DECOMP TUBE. (265PUNCH2) FLASHED PCM TO LATEST SOFTWARE LEVEL. ALL OK NOW.
post #10 of 20 Old 07-15-2015, 09:38 PM

2014 1500 4x4 crew cab big horn. Around 34,000 miles. At about 12,000 the CEL went on, went to the dealer, he pulled the code and said it was because the gas cap was not screwed on tight enough. I explained to him that the diesel fuel cap is a plastic plug and did not screw on. He said 'Oh, must be a glitch somewhere', he reset the code and all was fine until about 25,000 miles. CEL comes on again and it was a P20EE. He flashed the ECU, reset the code and I did not even make it home before the CEL came back on. I have an OBD II reader, so, I check it and it was a P20EE again. I reset the code myself and all is well until around 29,000 when it comes back. But, the CEL goes out after about 500 miles, then comes back for a few hundred, then goes back off, ...., then goes back on and has been on for the last 2,000 miles.

So, I take it to yet another dealer, he reflashes the ECU again and the CEL comes back in about 20 miles. I call the dealer from my cell and he says he cannot look at it again until next week. I reply thanks but no thanks.

Now, I am upset.

So, I take it to yet another dealer about an hour and a half from me and he is the only one that actually looked at the DEF injector, sees all sorts of crud, checks the DEF (the fluid itself) and says it is well within tolerance. He cleans the DEF injector, resets the code, drives it for around 100 miles and the P20EE returns. So, he ordered a new cat converter which should arrive tomorrow morning. In the meantime I am driving a loaner 2015 1500 2x4 crew cab, big horn with the hemi in it. It is a nice truck, lots of pep, but the MPG sucks. I get around 19 AVG while my ED was getting in the high 20s consistently.

So, assuming that the new cat fixes it, I think the lesson here is that you need to have your truck serviced by someone who actually knows WTF to check for and DO. All these other dealers just seem to want to get you out the door as quickly as possible and a ECU flash seems to be the answer for everything. If reflashing the ECU is the only thing your dealer is going to do and the CEL comes back, then find another dealer.

The service manager at the new dealership took a genuine interest in my problem; the other ones did not seem to give a twit. He said he has seen a *lot* of issues with the DEF system on the jeep EDs, but only 1 other one on the RAM ED.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page