What Dont you Like about Your EcoDiesel? - Ram 1500 Diesel Forum
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 71 Old 06-24-2014, 10:15 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
What Dont you Like about Your EcoDiesel?

Everybody's loving it having a grand old time, mileage is fantastic and the engine is quiet. But there are always niggles or concerns, lets hear them.

What are some of the things you don't like about your EcoDiesel?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 71 Old 06-24-2014, 01:45 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
its quiet.... lol Coming from a 6 speed. I dont like the computer telling me what gear is right. Takes forever to switch into 8th. Drives me crazy. Also wish the tow ratings were a little better. not sure of the reason why they are low
Kurtweimer likes this.
post #3 of 71 Old 06-24-2014, 02:41 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
I mean you don't have to shift gears when the computer tells you to, but I can see how that may change your driving experience.

DO these things really bother you, or are they just the few things wrong in a mostly right vehicle?

post #4 of 71 Old 06-24-2014, 04:29 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyj724 View Post
its quiet.... lol Coming from a 6 speed. I dont like the computer telling me what gear is right. Takes forever to switch into 8th. Drives me crazy. Also wish the tow ratings were a little better. not sure of the reason why they are low
I can see how that can get annoying, it would be great if there was some way to stop it from doing that
post #5 of 71 Old 06-24-2014, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther Dash View Post
I mean you don't have to shift gears when the computer tells you to, but I can see how that may change your driving experience.

DO these things really bother you, or are they just the few things wrong in a mostly right vehicle?
i love the truck, just when i tell it to be in 8th at 53mph, it stays in 7th until its wants too... thats all
post #6 of 71 Old 06-24-2014, 07:38 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DEF consumption had me worried, but it seems to have leveled off. I wish they could have extended the air condition seats to the rear. The hump in the rear floor makes it awkward for taller passengers (knees higher than hips). Also would like a reclining rear seat much like the 2007-2009 Toyota Tundra Crewmaxes had. All small complaints so far.

-Jeff

2014 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 EcoDiesel

2013 Ford Mustang GT: 650 Crank HP
post #7 of 71 Old 06-25-2014, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereInTX View Post
DEF consumption had me worried, but it seems to have leveled off. I wish they could have extended the air condition seats to the rear. The hump in the rear floor makes it awkward for taller passengers (knees higher than hips). Also would like a reclining rear seat much like the 2007-2009 Toyota Tundra Crewmaxes had. All small complaints so far.
I thought the crew cabs did recline? My friends '12 Hemi 1500 does. I have a quad cab so i know mine doesnt. i agree with the air conditioning extending to back seat. I am only at 500 miles so my DEF says full still. we will see. I know the manual said if you do alot of highway driving and towing, it will use DEF faster.
post #8 of 71 Old 06-25-2014, 07:59 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Takes forever to switch into 8th. Drives me crazy.
I test drove one about a month ago and it wouldn't shift into 8th gear at 70 mph unless I hit the gas and let off quickly. I thought the transmission was acting wierd and Salesman couldn't explain it.

So, it's normal for these not to shift into 8th gear or did I experience a bad truck?
post #9 of 71 Old 06-25-2014, 08:13 AM

i read somewhere it wont unless you are just crusing and the computer thinks you dont need the tq... Also i think the trans stays in 7th until the truck is at operating temp. higher rpms quicker warm up.
Geremy Kiel Unyi likes this.
post #10 of 71 Old 06-25-2014, 12:05 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
I believe 7 and 8 are OD gears... so if theres no need for it to jump into OD2 it will hang out in OD for as long as possible. At least I know thats how it works on the 9 speeds...

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page