FCA Campaign V16 - Emission Control System Software - Ram 1500 Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 06-11-2019, 03:51 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
FCA Campaign V16 - Emission Control System Software

FCA has issued Campaign V16 - Emission Control System Software in response to the settlement with the US EPA. I was wondering if anyone here has taken the updated emission software and have you noticed any performance or efficiency changes to your truck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-03-2019, 12:38 PM

I have done the software update, and initially didn't notice anything, but now a month out, that dead spot in acceleration from a stop seems worse, and shifting seems off at slow speeds. For what that's worth
post #3 of 5 Old 07-03-2019, 01:31 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Thanks prhoads, this is exactly what I'm looking for. It's worth alot. I wish more members would chime in.
Even though the EPA says the FCA 'fix should not' affect performance and efficiency I honestly can't see that being the case otherwise FCA would not have taken the risk of 'cheating'. For this reason, I have still not taken the software update and intend to prolong it as long as I can.
prhoads, if you're in the US, just in case you aren't aware there is a financial compensation of $990 - $3,075 and extended warranty available to you. Alot of information is available here: Add www to each line below (don't ask me why but this site won't let us post web links)
epa.gov/newsreleases/civil-settlements-united-states-and-california-fiat-chrysler-settle-allegations
epa.gov/enforcement/fiat-chrysler-automobiles-clean-air-act-civil-settlement-information-sheet

post #4 of 5 Old 07-05-2019, 02:16 PM

you're welcome- I don't get on here often so I hadn't seen your post. I got a new motor at 40K for a blown rod, and so I was a bit more eager to get on the emissions settlement. I have submitted all my paperwork about 6-7 weeks ago, and nothing yet....
post #5 of 5 Old 07-09-2019, 08:26 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Let me know what you get for settlement and if the performance and efficiency changes. I intend to call FCA Canada and ask why we were not included in the settlement.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page