Diesel RAM Forum banner

Need your opinion

6K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  roughtones 
#1 ·
I just had my second oil change at the dealership. I asked them to check for a hissing noise coming from under the truck. It is quite loud and worse during power up (when I turn the key "on"). They said that it is the fuel pump. I asked if they will change it, his response was "no it is still working". Truck still under warranty.
Does that make sense?
Also, when I left the dealership, there is now a louder " nock" coming out of the engine, mostly at lower RPM.
Any suggestions?

#2 ·
First, contact Chrysler Customer Assistance directly. I have had reasonably good response from them on several issues that my dealer could not (or would not) address.

Second, look for another dealer. Though it means a (significantly) longer drive, I now have my truck serviced at a dealer that seems to have a vested interest in my business.

Finally, I explained to both the service manager and the general manager of my (former) dealership that I get a lot of questions about my EcoDiesel. When asked about the truck, I tell people I love it. When asked about the dealership where I bought the vehicle, I tell people that the purchase experience was one of the better new-vehicle buying experiences I have had (and I have had plenty!) but the quality of service leaves much to be desired. Not sure if they got the message because I now go elsewhere for service.

#8 ·
My motor is getting replaced. You are not the only one. There was a bad batch of motors around the May June assembly date. Does Canada have Lemon Laws? Down here, each state has their own laws and most of the state that if the vehicle is in the shop for longer than 30 days for the same issue one can lemon law it. Which means once you find a lemon law lawyer, which you dont have to pay for because they will charge FCA, they basically force the manufacturer to buy the vehicle back minus the miles you drove before you had a problem.

We are not the only ones with motors that are being replaced. I heard from the parts department at my dealer that there are going to be 50 motors that will be released on October 27. My guess is that these motors were slated for 2016 Rams and have been pulled from production to replace the ones that have blown up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.