2014 RAM 2500 BIGHORN 4x4
6.7L CUMMINS TURBO DIESEL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 08-26-2014, 11:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
That's a pretty big title to get. Not sure how much a title actually does for a model as far as sales go, but Consumer Reports is pretty trusted, so its a great thing to be awarded.
post #3 of 9 Old 08-26-2014, 01:40 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Not too surprised to see this, i've seen a lot of raving reviews from publications and even with owners and those that just like it from test driving or from what ever little experience they had with one.

post #4 of 9 Old 08-26-2014, 05:27 PM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Cool, but anyone legitimately shopping the Ecodiesel would know straight off its the best half ton in the league right now...

10%More and zoomie like this.
post #5 of 9 Old 08-27-2014, 06:34 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Oh so many have no clue because they are not educated on what is available. Ford Guys buy Fords and GM guys buy GM. There doesn't seem to be many there with the intelligence to research a new purchase. The exception I see are the Ecoboost Ford guys disgusted with the fuel mileage and turbo issues.

Those that have been in the Jap market and the old Dodge boys just seem to be more "on top of things".
post #6 of 9 Old 08-27-2014, 07:34 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
When Consumer Reports rates a Chrysler product better than its competitors, I'm impressed. Did they test it against the Tundra? I've never been a CR fan, but they do have a solid reputation that definitely influences a lot of buyers.
post #7 of 9 Old 08-30-2014, 10:43 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10%More View Post
Oh so many have no clue because they are not educated on what is available. Ford Guys buy Fords and GM guys buy GM. There doesn't seem to be many there with the intelligence to research a new purchase. The exception I see are the Ecoboost Ford guys disgusted with the fuel mileage and turbo issues.

Those that have been in the Jap market and the old Dodge boys just seem to be more "on top of things".
I'm a dyed in the wool "Blue Oval" fan. In 2007, ford said that a small diesel would be installed in the 2008-09 models. Ford put the brakes on that idea, so I bought a 2008 XLT 4x4 with 5.4 triton. Reliable and well built, but gas milage was horrible. Looking for new truck this year. Checked out EcoBoost, talked to people. Said great without a load, but start towing and milage would be worse than your V8, not to mention turbos glowing cherry red. Talked to my friend who was a Ram dealer about the small diesel, when I read about it last year. Advised me when they were being produced and told me that they were hard to get a hold of due to demand. Long story short, had on on lot, and because of our friendship, gave me a deal I could not refuse. Checked a similarly equipped F-150 and found it would cost upwards of 50k and still crappy MPG. Took delivery and am happy with my decision. Averaged 28 MPG from NY to western PA. Used a little more than a 1/4 tank on a 220 mile ride. Very happy. Think Ford really missed the boat by shelving their small diesel in 1/4 ton years ago. If they went in that direction when I'm in the market again, I will certainly look. I still love my Fords......you will never see me trade my Mustang for a Challenger, but RAM has a winner here.
post #8 of 9 Old 08-31-2014, 12:16 AM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick956 View Post
I'm a dyed in the wool "Blue Oval" fan. In 2007, ford said that a small diesel would be installed in the 2008-09 models. Ford put the brakes on that idea, so I bought a 2008 XLT 4x4 with 5.4 triton. Reliable and well built, but gas milage was horrible. Looking for new truck this year. Checked out EcoBoost, talked to people. Said great without a load, but start towing and milage would be worse than your V8, not to mention turbos glowing cherry red. Talked to my friend who was a Ram dealer about the small diesel, when I read about it last year. Advised me when they were being produced and told me that they were hard to get a hold of due to demand. Long story short, had on on lot, and because of our friendship, gave me a deal I could not refuse. Checked a similarly equipped F-150 and found it would cost upwards of 50k and still crappy MPG. Took delivery and am happy with my decision. Averaged 28 MPG from NY to western PA. Used a little more than a 1/4 tank on a 220 mile ride. Very happy. Think Ford really missed the boat by shelving their small diesel in 1/4 ton years ago. If they went in that direction when I'm in the market again, I will certainly look. I still love my Fords......you will never see me trade my Mustang for a Challenger, but RAM has a winner here.
welcome to the darkside

post #9 of 9 Old 08-31-2014, 08:42 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Oh Nick...You made an informed decision???

There is hope for us all now.

FYI...My son is driving here to South Florida for visit for a week right now. He still had the 1972 Dodge but is in his new Charger.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page