LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 09-25-2014, 02:00 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Nice Review of the ED

Nice review from a non-truck guy. Very objective.

Driven: 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel blends truck-tough capability with midsize sedan fuel economy - NY Daily News
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-25-2014, 02:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
I think that its good that he recognizes that the Ecodiesel is able to act as both a truck and a family vehicle. I think that will be a big draw to the Ecodiesel if Ram can get the word out to people.
post #3 of 5 Old 09-25-2014, 03:39 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
perfect, thanks @zoomie, this is exactly what we're looking at the Ecodiesel for, as a family rig. Where else do you get that kind of space and the fuel economy of a Camry If FCA was brilliant they would chuck that engine in the Durango as well...

Quote:
ssuming it reliably delivers 5-mpg more than the Hemi, the EcoDiesel burns 160.4 fewer gallons of fuel annually based on 12,000 miles of travel, saving $495.64 annually*. Given the cost of the EcoDiesel option, it takes nearly 6 years to pay off the premium. Upgrading over the Ram 1500’s standard 305-horsepower V-6, it will take a decade or longer. That’s certainly something to consider when you’re at the dealership.
Quote:
Though I’m utterly unqualified to pass true truck-guy judgment on the Ram 1500 EcoDiesel – my Mopar-obsessed neighbor scoffed when I told him what my test truck’s payload rating was – I sure did like looking at it and driving it. It was comfortable for hours at a time, the controls were easy to use, and it returned better fuel economy than some midsize 4-cylinder sedans that I’ve driven.
Thanks for the share!

post #4 of 5 Old 09-25-2014, 04:35 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Not a bad review.
Something i'd love to see is a long term review of the Ram, it's something i'd value more, has anyone seen one of those?
post #5 of 5 Old 09-25-2014, 09:31 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Currently a long term vehicle at edmunds. Lots of posts if you read back through the blog http://www.edmunds.com/ram/1500/2014...term-road-test

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page