Bi-Fuel Ecodiesel... anyone thought of trying it yet? - Page 2 - Ram 1500 Diesel Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 14 Old 10-01-2014, 11:02 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
I thought I read (in the manual) that the ED is designed to run up to B20 Bio-Diesel, is this the same as the bio-fuel your talking about?

2014 RAM Big Horn EcoDiesel
Bi-Weekly tow: 400 - 600 KM
- CanAm CommanderX1000 & trailer 3500-4000lbs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 Old 10-01-2014, 11:50 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadfly2 View Post
I thought I read (in the manual) that the ED is designed to run up to B20 Bio-Diesel, is this the same as the bio-fuel your talking about?

Gadfly, It's not bio fuel at all. CNG is compressed natural gas. Uses another tank to store natural gas at high pressure(3000-3600psi). You hook the cng supply(after it goes through a few regulators and is reduced down in pressure) into your intake supply before the turbo. It just sucks into the engine and mixes in the air with the fuel in the combustion chamber. Benefit to it with a diesel is that it helps burn the fuel off completely. A diesel engine wont burn all of the fuel put into the cylinder(reason for the dpf and def systems). So burning the fuel more completely will reduce emissions and soot before it even gets to the filter. And you get more energy from each gallon of diesel so it helps to improve mileage on diesel. You will burn CNG too but in a lot of part of the country CNG is relatively cheap compared to diesel. My area cng is 1.79.
post #13 of 14 Old 10-01-2014, 12:06 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins06TD View Post
Gadfly, It's not bio fuel at all. CNG is compressed natural gas. Uses another tank to store natural gas at high pressure(3000-3600psi). You hook the cng supply(after it goes through a few regulators and is reduced down in pressure) into your intake supply before the turbo. It just sucks into the engine and mixes in the air with the fuel in the combustion chamber. Benefit to it with a diesel is that it helps burn the fuel off completely. A diesel engine wont burn all of the fuel put into the cylinder(reason for the dpf and def systems). So burning the fuel more completely will reduce emissions and soot before it even gets to the filter. And you get more energy from each gallon of diesel so it helps to improve mileage on diesel. You will burn CNG too but in a lot of part of the country CNG is relatively cheap compared to diesel. My area cng is 1.79.
Interesting, I guess I have heard of this before, but it is not carried in my area to my knowledge. It seems like it would be beneficial to the truck for economy and for the life of the mechanical parts. This is an interesting topic, I have got to go research on this, thanks for the explanation.

2014 RAM Big Horn EcoDiesel
Bi-Weekly tow: 400 - 600 KM
- CanAm CommanderX1000 & trailer 3500-4000lbs

post #14 of 14 Old 03-30-2015, 07:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Engine oil

Hi everyone!! I have no idea about it,but there is no doubt that Engine oil keep important role in our vehicles.I think you can try Bosch Engine oil because
it suitable for use in all seasons and helps in reducing oil consumption.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page