Just be steady with the dealer and push with the lemon law. If nothing else the threat should put some pressure on the dealer. A new engine at 17k wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. Make sure they provide you with something to drive or otherwise compensate though. It's a stressful situation and is a lot to worry about on whether it was the right decision for the eco. Hope it all works out soon.