Diesel RAM Forum banner

Which of the following wheels do you want on your 2014 Ram EcoDiesel?

• 17-inch Argent steel

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • 17-inch Tech-Silver aluminum and Chrome-Clad aluminum

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • 20-inch aluminum and Chrome-Clad aluminum

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • 20-inch Multi-Clad Polished Forged aluminum with Silver or Gold Painted insert accents

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • 22-inch Polished Forged aluminum

Votes: 1 6.3%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which of the following wheels do you want on your 2014 Ram EcoDiesel?
See the Ram 1500 configurator for pictures: Ram Truck Canada | Ram 1500 Full-Size Pickup Trucks | Overview

• 17-inch Argent steel
  • 17-inch Tech-Silver aluminum and Chrome-Clad aluminum
  • 20-inch aluminum and Chrome-Clad aluminum
  • 20-inch Multi-Clad Polished Forged aluminum with Silver or Gold Painted insert accents
  • 22-inch Polished Forged aluminum

·
Registered
314 Posts
I went to the site but I couldn't really find the wheel options. I would tend to think i would get 20" wheels. 22" seems almost too big. And I imagine that it would be more expensive.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I went to the site but I couldn't really find the wheel options. I would tend to think i would get 20" wheels. 22" seems almost too big. And I imagine that it would be more expensive.
you get those 20s and you're going to cry when it comes time to replace a tire or all 4. on a 20 inch rim you're looking 4-500 a tire, drop to a 19 or 18 and its more like 2-300....

·
Registered
314 Posts
you get those 20s and you're going to cry when it comes time to replace a tire or all 4. on a 20 inch rim you're looking 4-500 a tire, drop to a 19 or 18 and its more like 2-300....
But the Ram 1500 doesn't even come with any 19 or 18 inch tire options. I see what you mean but i'd rather pay the extra and get 20" rims than getting small 17" rims. If they offered 18 or 19 inch wheels then I would consider them.

·
Registered
830 Posts
But the Ram 1500 doesn't even come with any 19 or 18 inch tire options. I see what you mean but i'd rather pay the extra and get 20" rims than getting small 17" rims. If they offered 18 or 19 inch wheels then I would consider them.
All I'm saying is that if you plan to keep the truck for some time its going to go through tires. Would you rather be staring at $2-3000 for a new set of shoes or a $1000, keep in mind thats every 2-3 years depending on how much mileage you lay down. Plus the added cost of optioning the 20's

aesthetically I've always preferred smaller rims on my pickups...

·
Registered
830 Posts
Its a pure margin hunt. If you want anything that looks semi decent in a wheel option you need to go to the 20s and at that point RAM will be extracting an extra $1000 per tire change...

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well larger tires will have a rougher ride as well.
This is true.
Choice of which wheel package to go with will also greatly depend on what you will be using it for.
If it's a work truck you're definitely not getting the big 22' dubs.

·
Registered
830 Posts
larger tires or larger rims. more sidewall will actually give you more cushion, more rim low tire will translate more of the road feel into the cab.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i'm all about that oversized tire look even more the lifted and bigger wheel and tire combo :D

can't wait to see the first 2014 ram 1500 like that

1 - 20 of 24 Posts