Diesel RAM Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
officially there is a 1 mpg difference between their ratings, real world is a toss up, depends on whose right foot...

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
It would matter if you were driving around in 4x4 drive all day. However the truck operates in 4x2 unless you tell it otherwise. Id say it sits a little heavyier due to extra components. Thats all.

·
Registered
830 Posts
It would matter if you were driving around in 4x4 drive all day. However the truck operates in 4x2 unless you tell it otherwise. Id say it sits a little heavyier due to extra components. Thats all.
I don't think its a complete decoupling though, there is always some parasitic loss from the front shafts IMO..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Accused is right, my 4x4 Eco does 24 combined 40 city 60% hwy, 28 why, and that is not stepping on it. Have about 3500 miles in the odo.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I just got back from a 640 km trip, 75% highway at 108k/hr cruise control, 25% city stop and go. I averaged 33.3mi/gal Cdn gallon. I have 3 500km on the truck 4X4. First real trip without towing something. I'm really happy with this mileage. Can't wait to try a 100% trip with distance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts