Diesel RAM Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

have spent almost an hour reading and searching for any discussion on how good the transmission is and whether an aftermarket transmission cooler is a good idea on the ED Ram. I have had the 2014 Quad Cab SLT 4x4 for 3 weeks now and will tow in the future.

I'll read the specs clearly and I also bought the 7 yr ext power train warranty. Will talk to dealer to ensure installing a cooler (or replacing one in if it has one) voids the warranty (that makes it a very simple issue).

Had one put in my light SUV and thought it was a good and relatively cheap investment.

Thoughts / advice welcome!

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
I think the 8 speed comes with a transmission cooler. I bought the outdoorsman and it comes with a supplemental engine and transmission cooler.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2015 quad cab transmission temperature runs at 190 degrees, truck empty and not pulling . My 2015 2500 Cummins transmission temperature runs at 165 degrees. Is the 190 degrees to hot ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.