Diesel RAM Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

have spent almost an hour reading and searching for any discussion on how good the transmission is and whether an aftermarket transmission cooler is a good idea on the ED Ram. I have had the 2014 Quad Cab SLT 4x4 for 3 weeks now and will tow in the future.

I'll read the specs clearly and I also bought the 7 yr ext power train warranty. Will talk to dealer to ensure installing a cooler (or replacing one in if it has one) voids the warranty (that makes it a very simple issue).

Had one put in my light SUV and thought it was a good and relatively cheap investment.

Thoughts / advice welcome!

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
I think the 8 speed comes with a transmission cooler. I bought the outdoorsman and it comes with a supplemental engine and transmission cooler.

·
Registered
412 Posts
You want two?

Eco's already have coolers and ... there does not seem to be any issues with those that have towed some heavy loads up mountains.

it should be a non-issue.

·
Registered
14 Posts
You want two?

Eco's already have coolers and ... there does not seem to be any issues with those that have towed some heavy loads up mountains.

it should be a non-issue.
that's what i heard from some owners, definitely shouldn't be an issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2015 quad cab transmission temperature runs at 190 degrees, truck empty and not pulling . My 2015 2500 Cummins transmission temperature runs at 165 degrees. Is the 190 degrees to hot ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts