Diesel RAM Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Ford just dropped the bomb this morning. The new F150 is not only 700 lbs lighter but is now coming with a new Ecoboost 2.7L v6 option.

So Ram goes and EcoDiesels the 1500 hunting to take the efficiency crown from ford and steal a few sales. Ford comes right back and makes the EcoDiesel somewhat irrelevant.

Plus the 2.7 will still tow.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I think that carbon fiber is just a bit expensive for the price point that tey are targetting.

It is pretty crazy that just when Ram comes out with a nice and fuel efficient truck, Ford just releases one thats better a few weeks later.

Does that change anyone's mind about buying the Ram 1500 EcoDiesel?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm pretty much sold on the Ram EcoDiesel. Just for kicks, I have been reading about the new 2.7 Ecoboost and the new aluminum body---I just don't know about the latter. Maybe that was WAY to much out-of-the-box thinking on Ford's part. (And the grill/headlight mix-yuck!)
Few folks on the Ecoboost forum aren't too keen on the aluminum body either esp when it comes to towing.

·
Registered
314 Posts
We will let to towing do the talking

When both are available to compare they will compare the payloads with the mileage and see which one is a better value.
That's true. It will be a healthy competition. Ford will probably win though. People just love to buy Ford trucks in America. I think that most people are going to see the aluminum body as a plus. That is certainly how Ford is going to sell it to people.

Ram will have hauling on its side though.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Nissan is also going to come out with a diesel Titan

So now we have the new lightweight F150

The Diesel Ram 1500
Nissan Titan Diesel

And the Toyota Tacoma Diesel? or Tundra diesel?

Who else is jumping on?

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the titan diesel is not going to be fuel efficient. Nissan is hoping by putting a big diesel 8 in the titan they will steal some sales from RAM through buyers who want a 1/2 ton diesel that can WORK

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.