Diesel RAM Forum banner

backup lights

1K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  beavermike 
#1 ·
Has anyone changed their backup lights. I believe my 2016 has 921 bulbs, not very bright. I need to get some bright LED lights. I don't think these need a resistor as there is no sensor for the backup lights. Was looking at Diode Dynamics, but $70 seems a bit much for a set up backup 921 bulbs. Tons on stuff on Amazon for around $20. Anyone have a bulb suggestion?

#2 ·
Tried a new LED bulb

wow, lots of replies to that question. Ok, so I purchased a set of LED bulbs on Amazon. Only $20 for a pair of 921 bulbs used for backup. I installed the JDM Astar 800 lumens, but there are a lot of choices for a similar price. Be careful to check your rig, some of them with the projector lamps use a different backup bulb with a different socket. The results: Of course they are whiter at 6000k compared to the plain Jane yellow incandescent bulb. They are also much brighter. It's hard to judge based on the different color, but I'd guess about twice as bright. I changed one side first and that entire side was much brighter and easier to see in the backup camera. For the price I would recommend the change. If anyone used or tries a different bulb for a similar price it would be nice to know as well. I know some of the interior bulbs are also 921.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.