Diesel RAM Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new truck is in service, going on day six for a lousy idler pulley on the accessory belt drive. The fact that a pulley failed after only 1800 miles is one issue, but a bigger one is why the heck should it take so long for a simple repair? The dealer has been very apologetic and has supplied me with a loaner (not a diesel), but it doesn't seem like they've had much experience with the Ecodiesels. Are some dealers better equipped with both mechanics and parts for the Ecodiesel than others? This is something I could have repaired myself in an hour, so it really pisses me off that its taken nearly a week to get fixed.

Tom

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
not all dealers are capable of serviceing Diesels. I know of a few dodge dealers around here that dont even sell them. The one i buy my cars from have a lot of experiance with diesels. not sure about the ecodiesel though....

This seems to be a reoccuring thing about 2k. im kinda worried now

·
Registered
13 Posts
I can't see it taking that long to change an idler pulley I'd say the issue is getting the part to fix it with the Eco boom in ordering parts a scares there all being used to build more trucks

·
Registered
963 Posts
it might help to check out some other forums to see what they have to say about dealers near you.
also if you google the dealers around you, you just might come across some good info about them, possibly from a forum.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Try taking it to a dealer that has a Jeep branch with it. The GC has had our engine longer and their techs will probably know more about it then the Ram guys. That's just my $0.02.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Tom,

Glad they finally got the part and fixed it. I can "feel" for your delay. Still waiting for a windshield washer pump. Even contacted Ram customer service and opened a "case" on the issue.

No excuse for not having that idler pulley for over a week. My windshield washer pump - OVER a month right now and still no word on when it will show up.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Try taking it to a dealer that has a Jeep branch with it. The GC has had our engine longer and their techs will probably know more about it then the Ram guys. That's just my $0.02.
that's actually really good advice, best to take it to those that have experience where their work isn't likely to send you right back to fix what they messed up

1 - 9 of 9 Posts