Diesel RAM Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 Ecodiesel Laramie that I purchased new in Oct 14. I have absolutely loved the truck, best ever over 3 Chevy 1500s and a 98 Dodge 1500 sport I have averaged over 24MPG combined and up to 28/29 HWY. I drive 95% highway 5% gravel roads. About 2 months ago the SERVICE Tire Pressure Monitor System light came on. About the same time my electric seat motor stopped moving the seat back and forward. I took it into the dealer and they fixed the TPS for $460. I declined to fix the seat motor for $800. 3 days later the service TPS light came on again and the front left hub starting making grinding metal noises as I was backing out of my driveway. I decided not to drive it any further than the 50 yards I had gone from my house and had it towed to the dealer. Result -The front drivers hub bearings exploded and needed to be replaced $1500.00+. Dealer said this was unusual for such low miles. About 5 days later I was about 5 miles from my house on the freeway at 70 mph and the motor started bogging , I looked at my gauges and the oil pressure was 0 and the temperature gauge was pegged... I coasted to a stop luckily in an exit ramp. I let it cool and tried to turn it over and it would only turn half a crank. Towed to the dealer, results: Crank bearings failed new engine ordered covered by warranty. Engines on back order, no truck now for more than a month however the dealer got the replacement and I should have my truck back week of 9/5/16. Chrysler customer care has been responsive and I have been given a Dodge mini van as a replacement. I heard that Chrysler is recommending a heavier viscocity synthetic oil for these engines just recently?? I'm not a happy ecodiesel owner now. I'm very leary of the truck as far as reliability. 2 major failures in a 2 week span! I do long road trips into remote areas of the Rocky Mountains. I would be seriously screwed if something like this happens again. Has anyone seen any of these failures. Not sure what I'm going to do about the seat. I'll keep everyone posted once I get it back and start driving again. Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Basic run down purchased new 1500 Eco diesel in November 2015. On 9/2/2016 began having issues took it to the dealer due to the oil pressure dropping to zero. Dealer said it was safe to drive no worries. They informed me their was nothing they could do since they found no faults in my truck. I insisted the truck was not right showed them the oil pressure dropping when it idled pointed I also pointed out to them the change in sound coming from the engine. They said they would schedule me a diagnostic but that I would have to pay the 150 dollar charge and any parts and labor. I agreed to it and they schedule me an appointment 3 weeks out. Labor Day 2016 my truck lost power in the middle of the road with my two year old son in the back. luckily I was able to pull off to a side road before entering a very dangerous 55mph curve. The Dodge Dealer has yet to do a diagnostic on my truck and I haven't had one single call from the dealership it is now 9/14/2016. Dodge corporate can't even get the dealership to return a call to them. This is pathetic

1 - 2 of 2 Posts