Diesel RAM Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my brand new 2016 Eco diesel. I didn't even make it home and the check engine light is already on. Unfortunately I live a bit from the dealer and haven't brought it back yet. Less than 400Km on it when it went on.

Is this normal?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don't think the check engine light appearing on a new vehicle no matter the model is a normal occurrence. Never had it with my cars so I assume it shouldn't appear on a truck either.

Is it consistently on?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had just picked up the truck and started a trip when an hour in my check engine light came on. Drove for 10 hours, on the highway, and averaged 18.5 litres per 100km. Brought it in and they couldn't find anything wrong. Took the check engine light off and I drove away. The regeneration 80% came on immediately. Drove 15 minutes to clear that up. Drove home and an hour into the trip, check engine light comes on. This time my mileage improved to 10.5litres per 100km.
Brought it back to dealer, only had 2200 km on truck by now, they tried a few things but my mileage is still worst than my 2015 was

1 - 3 of 3 Posts