Diesel RAM Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the late model cummins with all the required emission control items have the same amount of BS problems we see discussed here on a daily basis.

I just wonder how many ECO Diesels are on the road that do not have the problems we see discussed here. I'm sure there are a lot of them but just really curious. I know this is two questions in one post but lets see if we can get some answers to these questions.:confused:

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
I don't know how much spare time you have but maybe you could join a cummins forum and look and then report back here. I am curious as well. I think those trucks have the same 8.4AN and other electronics so my guess is yes.

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
I have a problem free EcoDiesel.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know how much spare time you have but maybe you could join a cummins forum and look and then report back here. I am curious as well. I think those trucks have the same 8.4AN and other electronics so my guess is yes.
I did just that, went to the TDR that I belonged to for years and read some of the posts and they do have some of the same stuff we see talked about on this list. I feel that many of the folks on the ECO Diesel forums are new to the Diesel engines where as the folks on the TDR are long time diesel owners like I was, got my 1st Cummins powered Ram in 1991 and was on the TDR till I sold my 03 1 ton.
Back then it was more about making them run better and not problems with all the Emission stuff that is on all the diesel trucks today. Will try and spend more time on them as see what the trend is but like you , I also feel that have the same type CEL with sensors and such.:)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Mine has never had a CEL, zero problems.

Most people don't frequent internet forums, and generally people who have problems post because they are looking for help/guidance. I doubt there are any real widespread serious problems. There was the 'lean bank code' issue which appears to be resolved with a software upgrade, I don't think I've heard of a 2015 reporting that code.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts