Diesel RAM Forum banner

Dodge Ram vs. Hyundai Veloster, Guess who wins

5K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  norfla71 
#1 ·
I thought that this was a story that you guys would enjoy. A 14-year old stole his grandpa's Hyundai Veloster and embarked on a police chase that cuts through a park with kids in it multiple times. Then a good Samaritan in a Dodge Ram truck literally rammed the Veloster head on. In the end, and this probably won't surprise you, the Ram won.

#3 ·
Wow, that would have scared me if my kid was in the park! Violent movies and video games, and of course poor parenting are to blame.

#4 ·
The kid was only 14, and I can't help but think that if you end up taking out your grandpas car (which is bad but not the worst thing ever) when the cops start chasing you you'd just panic. I bet he wasn't aware of how dangerous he was being.

Pretty crazy that the truck driver actually rammed into the Hyundai. I'm not sure if I would ever purposely ram into someone. What if he killed him or something?

#6 ·
\
Pretty crazy that the truck driver actually rammed into the Hyundai. I'm not sure if I would ever purposely ram into someone. What if he killed him or something?
That could have very well been the case and the Ram driver would likely face charges. If that kid wasn't wearing a seat belt, for example and got rammed like that at a high speed, then, he'd like be sent through the windshield

#5 ·
No he may not have been aware how dangerous the situation became, but we did similar things as kids (taking out our parents cars), but if we saw flashing lights we would have pulled over and accepted the consequences! We knew better than to run from the law.

Worst part, in this day and age, is that the parents could potentially file lawsuit against the Ram driver.

#7 ·
I don't think any court in their right mind would have convicted the truck driver, as this may fall under some "good samaritan" statue. Basically, had that kid died, it was by his own doing. As it is, you don't need a trial for this kid; let the parents of those kids in the park have a "chat" with him behind closed doors.

#9 ·
I'm not so sure... Just because someone is driving dangerously, it doesn't really give you the right to ram them. how bad would the Ram driver have felt if he killed a 14 year old? That is just as bad as the 14 year old hitting someone in that park. In someways I see this guy as a hero, but in other ways his vigilante justice isn't the type of thing that I would encourage people do it. Things could have turned out much worse.

#10 ·
The 14yo made his choice; yeah, I'm sure the driver would have felt bad for a bit, but would have gotten over it. I'm also more certain he would have felt worse for not doing something had kids been killed; obviously, he had already made up his mind about the situation. Personally, if I injure or kill someone doing something stupid (and they are at fault) I wouldn't loose a seconds sleeps over it; if you pull in front of me while I'm already at 65+, and expect me to suddenly brake for your stupidity (usually, they do it so fast I have no time to react, or the left lane is blocked) then it's all on you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.