Ward's Auto releases a list each year that names the top ten engines. Making the list this year was the Ram 1500 Ecodiesel's 3.0L Turbocharged V6 Diesel engine. As we all know the 28 mpg on the highway with 240 hp and 420 lb-ft of torque makes this engine a shoo-in. That's why about 20 percent of Ram 1500 buyers are choosing the engine.
Perhaps more interesting for us are the other engines that made the list though. Here they are listed.
1. BMW i3 127-kW Electric Motor
2. Chevy Corvette Stingray 6.2L V8
3. Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat 6.2L Supercharged V8
4. Ford Fiesta 1.0L Turbocharged Three Cylinder
5. Hyundai Tucson Fuel-Cell Vehicle 100-kW Fuel Cell
6. MINI Cooper 1.5L Turbocharged Three Cylinder
7. Ram 1500 EcoDiesel 3.0L Turbocharged V6 Diesel
8. Subaru WRX 2.0L Turbocharged Flat Four
9. Volkswagen Golf 1.8L Turbocharged Four Cylinder
10. Volvo S60 2.0L Turbocharged Four Cylinder
AutoGuide's got a rundown of all the engines if you follow the link below.
Ward's 10 Best Engines of 2015 Announced » AutoGuide.com News