Diesel RAM Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Oh, that's cool because I think that the last time I looked up the Ram Ecodiesel on Fuelly there wasn't anything there. The average fuel consumption on there is actually a little bit lower than what i had thought it would be. I'd say the average of the three is about 20 MPG. is that what most people on our forum are getting for fuel efficiency?

·
Registered
963 Posts
Decent start for now, as more show up here on this website more should show up on fuelly, looking forward to seeing those stats with more trucks

·
Registered
314 Posts
There are 20 trucks out there but you have to have a minimum of 3 fill ups to have your information publicly displayed.

See below for all registered vehicles.

2014 Dodge Ram 1500 MPG Reports | Fuelly
The list that is shown through this link has way more vehicles in it. It picks the MPG up close to 22-23 MPG, which is a better number than what I looked at in the opening post link. Have you guys registered your Ram 1500 Ecodiesel on Fuelly?

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
theres now 5 that have made it to the magical 3 fillups... only one has dipped below 20 mpg...

·
Registered
84 Posts
theres now 5 that have made it to the magical 3 fillups... only one has dipped below 20 mpg...
Fuelly must be down at the moment however I think the one vehicle that is below 20mpg isn't calculating properly. Look at the fill ups and calculations for that specific vehicle when the site comes back up.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Anything more than that is just epic, and might be bad for your engine unless it's built to handle it all :D
I built it to handle 30psi. Forged pistons, h beam rods, 220k psi head studs...etc.

I used the stock engine for a test mule. 80k miles and it handled 30 psi until I melted a piston after about 30 full passes down the strip and about 5000 street beat miles.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts