Diesel RAM Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
I've been on other forums that don't like shortcuts or quoting from forums they aren't associated with. :rolleyes:

I found the second shortcut more interesting. The Ram 3.0 liter towing over 7000 pounds, getting 19.5 mpg--that's pretty darn good.:)
yea that is darn good mileage for towing that much

i dont think this forum really has much rules at this point

·
Registered
830 Posts
you know i was reading through that diesel power sibling rivalry link in the OP and I noticed something interesting that must of slipped by the first time...

We chose a trailer that weighed in at 7,020 pounds, slightly more than the 6,700-pound capacity of our Ram 1500, but a realistic example of what the average customer might tow.
So not only did they tow beyond the limit it still pulled down 19.5 mpg... WOW, honestly I was a little skeptical at first about the 3.0 6 but every new review seems to impress me :D

·
Registered
962 Posts
Better be careful trying to use Ford as leverage, a smart salesman will tell you to mosey on over to the ford store and order yourself a diesel F150 ;)

you and i both know thats impossible ahaha
hahaha yeah that is true, it's what was going through my brain as I was typing out that reply. Going to a low volume dealer might help, definitely not the flagship, higher volume locations!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.