Diesel RAM Forum banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
You guys are paying too much. Kendall GT-1 Full Synthetic Euro meets both the ACEA C3 and Chrysler MS-11106 requirements and it's available from Petroleum Service Company in 5W-30 for $58 a case (less than $5 a quart).
Anyone have any experience with this Kendall? It is about half the price of the Pennzoil and claims to meet ACEA-C3 and MS-11106. Sounds too good to be true. So what am I missing?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got an email from Amsoil saying they will start selling EcoDiesel compatible oil by the quart and gallon in January. It looks like their Synthetic 5W-30 I-ESP Euro Oil will be or already is compatible even though it doesn't list it as such on their website yet.

-Dean

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've been reading these ports and I believe my dealership uses Shell Rotella. I am either going to switch to AMSOIL after this change or even switch to LiquiMoly. Thoughts? have run AMS in my other Diesels and LuquiMoly in my German cars for years.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is anyone running the Castrol Edge 5w30 C3? It claims to meet the ACEA C3 standards according to the Product Data Sheet:
http://msdspds.castrol.com/bpglis/FusionPDS.nsf/Files/668ABA7E167C011380257D5D006B7C5D/$File/BPXE-9PU2LE.pdf

Main reason I'm asking is I can likely get this Oil included as part of a sponsorship.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I use Mobil Delvac 1 ESP, 5w-40 full synthetic in my 2006 Ford F350 6.0 diesel. Since it also meets Chrysler's specs I will using it in my new 2016 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel.

Pep Boys discounts it at 1 gal @ 17.99 = 4.86 qt and sometimes Mobil offers a rebate.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Personally I would put Mobil 1 in my worst enemies' car or truck but go right ahead as long as it meets the requirement.
The last time I tried Mobil 1 it didn't last more than 2 days before it crapped out and turned jet black. I changed the oil and filter again and it did the same thing within 2 days. I drained the oil again and put in a different synthetic with a new filter and man there was world of difference in cold starts. She would crank right over and start lubricating immediately. The Mobil 1 would barely crank over and didn't flow hardly at all. Never again, NOT even if the engine Manufacture calls for it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was in same boat, couldn't find oil in any parts stores in my area, could find online, but didn't want to pay for the shipping. I broke down and went to local dealer, went to the parts department, only to be told "we don't sell that oil". So I asked what the shop used when they changed the oil, was told they use the Rotella T6 5w-40. I said everything in my owners manual and truck says to use 5w-30 with these specs...parts printed out what their system says to use, which isn't what was listed in the book. It was 5w-40 with totally different spec requirements. I know that the difference between 5w-30 and 5w-40 isn't that big of a deal, but since I plan on keeping this truck for a long time, I wanted to use what the manufacturer said to. Anyway, $200 later at the dealership (oil, rotate, fill of DEF), and I have determined I will use what they did and do myself for much less. My neighbor has same truck, went to different dealer, and they told him there was a "flash" that updated the required type of oil. Anyone hear of this?

·
Registered
1 Posts
same experience
talked to the trusted local mechanic he found the Rotella T6 5w-40 was the best! he would not talk of using any other oil. he will be changing the oil out in a cuple weeks. he was going to be looking into a aftermarket oil filter to also use.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This information may already be out there but I was running into the same situation with price and oil weight and the awfully expensive filter but Chrysler offers a anytime service contract that was 320 for 3 oil changes and tire rotation. If you have the money you could buy a 6 year one that would cost you 72 dollars an oil change. Intilnthe filters come down in price I will let them do it. The service contract is nationally excepted. Sorry I f this information has already been posted..

61 - 71 of 71 Posts