Diesel RAM Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I think we are at the bottom and I just filled up for $2.59 gal. I was reading OPEC wants $200 a barrel by end of year which is a whopping 5x increase from where it was at a week ago. So what does everyone think we are looking at? $5 or $6 gal for the first time? Glad I have MPG on my side over the hemi if it hits that...

·
Registered
314 Posts
I don't think OPEC alone can control gas prices that much. America has some control over it. It does seem like the prices will rebound a bit though.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I have a feeling prices will indeed rebound and not only that, but they will likely continue going higher, but in what time frame to expect that... im not sure.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I hope they stabilize for a change. I'm a bit tired of the $2-$4 per gallon swings every few years. Last fillup was only $2.07 per gallon, but most places are selling diesel here in AZ for $2.50+.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Overall, its bad - here in TX, many oil drillers are out of work due to the ultra-low oil prices. Those folks that said: "drill baby, drill" really didn't understand how complex our oil prices are. I still have not heard a good reason why unleaded is $1.99, diesel is $2.59 & kerosene is $5.00 per gallon! That seams backwards! Our unleaded ticked up to $1.99 for several days & now it's back down to $1.97. Diesel has come down about 25 cents & that's it!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Overall, its bad - here in TX, many oil drillers are out of work due to the ultra-low oil prices. Those folks that said: "drill baby, drill" really didn't understand how complex our oil prices are. I still have not heard a good reason why unleaded is $1.99, diesel is $2.59 & kerosene is $5.00 per gallon! That seams backwards! Our unleaded ticked up to $1.99 for several days & now it's back down to $1.97. Diesel has come down about 25 cents & that's it!
I think it is partly because gas prices are artificially low. The government subsidizes them quite a bit. I wonder what the true price of gas would be without any market interference.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I think it is partly because gas prices are artificially low. The government subsidizes them quite a bit. I wonder what the true price of gas would be without any market interference.
The government is never going to take away those subsidies though. People would go mad if the government purposely raised gas prices.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts