Diesel RAM Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at leveling my EcoDiesel with Bilstein 5100 Adj Height Shocks and was wondering whether I should consider upgrading the Front Stabilizer bar at the same time? Been known to travel mountain roads at fairly high speeds. Any thoughts out there?:confused:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Never mind! Read that Hellwig believes the Ram's front sway bars are thick enough to do the job as designed.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Very interested in hearing what those shocks do for your truck, both in terms of lift and ride.
As well, what installation is like.

Thanks

·
Registered
58 Posts
I had the exact same shocks on my previous ride (Toyota Tundra). Bilstiein makes a quality product as the shocks looked like they would last a lifetime. I had mine for 30k miles before I traded it in and they were still cherry.

I can tell you right now your ride will be stiffer. It won't absorb bumps at slower speeds as well, but traveling on a little rougher terrain will be smoother than stock shocks. Performance minded shocks work best when being exercised like they were designed (off road, daily driving, high speed maneuvering, etc.).

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now in the back order mill for the 5100s. Good things for those who wait!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts