Diesel RAM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks,

Just ordered my 1500 Bighorn with 20 inch tires and planning to put on a 4" lift.

I talked with my local truck shop and they say that they have no information on a kit for this yet.

Anyone have a lead???

I'm also going to put on 3" stainless nerf bars. I am soooo excited!

Bob

·
Registered
830 Posts
you gunna leave stock shoes with the lift? You go air or coils? But yea like the other boys said, should be plug and play with what the HEMI has...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, I have 20x9 rims with the stock 20 tires. Went with coils, because I don't need the air and knew I'd want to lift it at some point.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah gonna do a 4 inch lift and add some nerf bars.

Ordered her 2.5 weeks ago.

Will post pics as soon as she arrives.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am looking at just leveling the front with Bilstein 5100s. I spoke with Bilstein to gt the correct shock and was told that they are developing new 5100s for the 2014 RAM that should be out in October 2014. Is anyone aware of any suspension changes from 2013 - 2014?

·
Registered
830 Posts
I am looking at just leveling the front with Bilstein 5100s. I spoke with Bilstein to gt the correct shock and was told that they are developing new 5100s for the 2014 RAM that should be out in October 2014. Is anyone aware of any suspension changes from 2013 - 2014?
nothing memorable I can recall off the top of my skull. Bags or coils stock?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Are there options around for making the fenders bigger, or beefier in order to better mix with the lifted look? I'd be afraid to do too much and have my truck start looking like it would be better suited to a monster truck rally.

·
Registered
963 Posts
There has to be something out their, if not, i can see someone eventually making a kit, even if it starts out as a group buy on a forum.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Went with the Bilstein 5100s. Hope to put them on in the next couple of weeks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any updates on this? Curious to how the eco handles the bigger tires and how much of a hit on mpg it takes compared to a gasser.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Any updates on this? Curious to how the eco handles the bigger tires and how much of a hit on mpg it takes compared to a gasser.
i think it will vary quite a lot as it does depend on how someone drives it, but it still helps to hear what people report or suggest it will be as sort of a reference point.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts