Diesel RAM Forum banner

Mods

6K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  jhardie 
#1 ·
Any plans for mods to the truck? I'm not talking deletes, tuners, CAI, straight piping, etc.
This is more about will you: leveling the truck, tires, lift, debadge, etc.

One thing I like about the 2500/3500 is they sit a little higher (avg 2-3 inches taller) so that's one thing I'd look into--not say I'd do it--but look into it and not over the top.

#4 · (Edited)
Leveling...most truck's front end is lower than the back so they put spacers in the front to give it that "level" look.

I wouldn't mind the truck sitting 2-3" taller--almost like a 2500/3500 height. But have no idea on the cost. I don't like the look of low sitting trucks...but also don't like trucks so high you need a step stool or ladder to get in! Also, would have to figure in MPG, too. I've ready lifting can kill mpgs.

Window visors for sure, either a tonneau cover or shell, debadge, and I'm sure there could be 1 or 2 other things. Tires would come when the originals need replacing.

Shocks (Bilstein shocks) if I'm finding the freeway expansion joints are too much. I put those on my current truck--night and day!!

#8 ·
I think it's a visual thing mostly. Not getting any ground clearance (from the axle standpoint)--unless you go to a taller tire.
There are some cons (increased wind drag one of them) but what I've noticed/read is that people that do 3-4" lift/level w/out changing tires that the MPG stayed relatively the same. It the bigger tires that kill MPG.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.