Diesel RAM Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I'm new the forum. I've just ordered a Ram 1500 Outdoorsman EcoDiesel a few days ago to replace the '98 Ram 1500 I currently have. Looks like this might be a great place to keep up to date on EcoDiesel happenings and gain a little knowledge on owning a Diesel as this will be my first.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hello all. I'm new the forum. I've just ordered a Ram 1500 Outdoorsman EcoDiesel a few days ago to replace the '98 Ram 1500 I currently have. Looks like this might be a great place to keep up to date on EcoDiesel happenings and gain a little knowledge on owning a Diesel as this will be my first.
I think we are all still learning. lol
Oh, and welcome.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks gents! Can't wait to get this truck!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to the forum
Glad to have you here!
How long have you owned that 98' ram for?
Thank you!!!!

This particular one, only a year and its only got 115k on it! I bought it from a buddy for $5K last year after the tranny in my 98 Ram sport **** the bed and a host of other problems showed up. Wasn't worth sinking the money in since it had about 180K on it.

Now its my turn for a new car. Wifey's car payment is almost gone and I just couldn't pass up on a diesel Ram. This will be my 4th Ram truck, once it comes in!!!!!

·
Registered
963 Posts
Thank you!!!!

This particular one, only a year and its only got 115k on it! I bought it from a buddy for $5K last year after the tranny in my 98 Ram sport **** the bed and a host of other problems showed up. Wasn't worth sinking the money in since it had about 180K on it.

Now its my turn for a new car. Wifey's car payment is almost gone and I just couldn't pass up on a diesel Ram. This will be my 4th Ram truck, once it comes in!!!!!
Nice! Got to love knowing people who are also into trucks and even regular cars, I know a lot of people that have found clean low mileage cars through their friends.

Did you at least sell your old 98 for a decent amount of cash for what it was worth?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice! Got to love knowing people who are also into trucks and even regular cars, I know a lot of people that have found clean low mileage cars through their friends.

Did you at least sell your old 98 for a decent amount of cash for what it was worth?
I'm still in the process of trying to sell it. Dealer only wants to give me $2k. KBB came out to just under $5k. It needs a new right front tire (tread is splitting and causing a wobble) so I priced it at $4300 hoping someone will want to snag it without me doing any work. Its in good mechanical condition, no leaks or oil burn. So we'll see. I have a solid 5-7 weeks (so they say) before the new Ram comes in. I'm hoping to sell it on my own. If you know anyone, I'm in Southern NY. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts