Diesel RAM Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum here. Happened on to this place after trying to gather all the information on the EcoDiesel that I could find. Ended up driving off the lot with a Ram 1500 big horn Ecodiesel.

First seen one on a car hauler 4 weeks ago that came into the dealership I work at and peaked my interest being I was in the market to upgrade from my 09' F150.

Been a ford guy since the mid 80's, so this is the first time I've owned a Dodge product. Was getting ready to pull the trigger on an F150 ecoboost, until the dealer decided to get funny with his numbers, so I walked away from the deal. Stopped by the local Dodge dealer in town and he had 2 ecodiesel's on the lot.

After test driving one, Honestly I was sold on it. Making the numbers work was a formality. 2 hrs later I'm cruising in my new truck.

Hopefully the first year bugs will be minor on this truck. I might be wrong, but Dodge seems to have their act together with this 1500. The ride and handling is better then the F150, to my thinking. Hopefully time will prove me right in my decision to swap manufacturers.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I'm in the same boat as you, just I was a Toyota owner. There actually isn't much on this truck that is a first year run. The transmission has been in Dodges since the Pentastar V6 came out, the diesel was overseas for a while and in the Jeep GC a year before the 1500, & all the updates to the 1500 came about with the 2013 line. This truck is just a first putting them all together. Hopefully we have some good luck!

·
Registered
963 Posts
I hear toyota might be coming out with a tundra diesel, if they do, would you ever consider going for it? apparently it will be a cummins diesel, believable since i doubt toyota has ever developed a diesel.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Not tying to trail off the OP's post, but to me the 5.0L Cummins is too big if an engine in a half ton. When Nissan and Toyota do this, they will create this niche market of HD 1/2 Tons or 5/8th Ton trucks that may or may not catch on.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Ram will be happy to have made a conquest sale here. Glad that you like the Ram 1500, but do you think that it is a better vehicle than the F-150, or was it just that the dealer ruined it for you?

·
Registered
963 Posts
Not tying to trail off the OP's post, but to me the 5.0L Cummins is too big if an engine in a half ton. When Nissan and Toyota do this, they will create this niche market of HD 1/2 Tons or 5/8th Ton trucks that may or may not catch on.
that 's what i was thinking too
i just hope when they get to that stage of offering diesels that they look to ram for an example of what to do

·
Registered
5 Posts
New to the forum here. Happened on to this place after trying to gather all the information on the EcoDiesel that I could find. Ended up driving off the lot with a Ram 1500 big horn Ecodiesel.

First seen one on a car hauler 4 weeks ago that came into the dealership I work at and peaked my interest being I was in the market to upgrade from my 09' F150.

Been a ford guy since the mid 80's, so this is the first time I've owned a Dodge product. Was getting ready to pull the trigger on an F150 ecoboost, until the dealer decided to get funny with his numbers, so I walked away from the deal. Stopped by the local Dodge dealer in town and he had 2 ecodiesel's on the lot.

After test driving one, Honestly I was sold on it. Making the numbers work was a formality. 2 hrs later I'm cruising in my new truck.

Hopefully the first year bugs will be minor on this truck. I might be wrong, but Dodge seems to have their act together with this 1500. The ride and handling is better then the F150, to my thinking. Hopefully time will prove me right in my decision to swap manufacturers.
I'm in the same boat. I've always been a Chevy guy but then I saw a commercial for the EcoDiesel. After driving one I was hooked and a week later I had mine ordered. I took delivery last Friday and love the truck!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A little bit of it was probably the Ford dealer screwing around. But for the last 2 years I've been talking to people that have said Ram really improved the 1500. Then I seen the first 3.0L on the autohauler. The advertised 28mpg highway definitely peaked my interest. Once I did the test drive on this 1500 3.0L it was game over. The new 2014 F-150 doesn't ride or handle as good as the Ram 1500 (in my opinion). I'm still not totally sold on the 3.5L ecoboost, still some reservations. I guess it boils down to personal preference. I think the Ram 3.0L will out live the Ford 3.5L, time will tell though. I'm totally satisfied with what I got, no second guessing.

Ram will be happy to have made a conquest sale here. Glad that you like the Ram 1500, but do you think that it is a better vehicle than the F-150, or was it just that the dealer ruined it for you?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts