Diesel RAM Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time to sell/trade my 2004 Ram 2500 Diesel. I'm now looking for a 1500 diesel to replace it, so just signed into this forum. Happy New Year.

I love my old Dodge Ram, but 2004 it's just time for something new, and I don't need a 2500. I did one test drive last week, but in Oregon the supply of diesel Rams is pretty thin. I hope I don't have to order one, I hear the wait is months.

In any case, I have one question for the board. My old Quad Cab is great, but I'm leaning toward the larger Crew cab with the 6.4 bed. I believe it is about 9 inches longer and wheelbase also. It just seems like it would be nice to have the extra space for stuff when on a trip, and more leg room for people. Any comments on the extra length?

I hope to find a new one soon.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just where are they?

Yup, it will fit in the garage .:cool:
Now I just need to find one. I do a max search and the nearest match from Portland area is 300 miles.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I too considered the option you are considering. And yes from time-to-time I wish I had the 6-4 bed. Haven't run out of room while camping or hauling, but my stuff wouldn't be piled as high if I had the 6-4. On the other hand, I can count on one hand the number of times, I'm loaded up. The reality is 95% of the time it would be a pain in the rear trying to park at the supermarkets, target, etc., with the crew cab and 6-4 bed, and yes I have no problem walking so I usually park way out away from the entrance. But many times I don't have a choice but to park next to other cars. So in the end, I'm glad I went with the shorter bed. Hope this helps!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts