Diesel RAM Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have been following the Ram 1500 Diesel for some time, It will fit my tow mission perfect. I have a 4500# Airstream Trailer, so being able to get the reported 21mpg pulling a 7200# trailer I believe that this truck will be just the right balance of Economy and power for my mission. I have owned Ram trucks for a number of years, and I have had a number of Jeep Grand Cherokee's. If you want to test drive the Eco Diesel engine just go to the nearest Jeep dealer and ask to test drive the Jeep Grand Cherokee equipped with the 3.0l Eco-Diesel, the Grand Cherokee has the same power train that the Ram 1500 will have.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I have been following the Ram 1500 Diesel for some time, It will fit my tow mission perfect. I have a 4500# Airstream Trailer, so being able to get the reported 21mpg pulling a 7200# trailer I believe that this truck will be just the right balance of Economy and power for my mission. I have owned Ram trucks for a number of years, and I have had a number of Jeep Grand Cherokee's. If you want to test drive the Eco Diesel engine just go to the nearest Jeep dealer and ask to test drive the Jeep Grand Cherokee equipped with the 3.0l Eco-Diesel, the Grand Cherokee has the same power train that the Ram 1500 will have.
Sounds great! How often will you be towing that trailer and how often do you think you will be on the highway with it? Highway miles are of course the best :D

21 - 22 of 22 Posts