Diesel RAM Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just curious about the price of diesel vs. unleaded fuel. Prices of unleaded have been steadily dropping, but diesel has not dropped nearly as much (75 cents vs. 30 cents per gallon). Here in TX unleaded in around $2.65 per gallon, yet diesel is still around $3.30! What gives?

·
Registered
350 Posts
I mean they are different types of fuel so as there is more domestic supply of petrol there isn't the same amount of increase for diesel. Also diesel is used for heating in some places which makes the process go up in the winter.

·
Registered
406 Posts
this is also something i have been wondering about, might be time to dig for info especially as gas prices continue to go down.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Yea it kinda sucks that petrol prices are going down once you have a diesel vehicle. What can you do though. It's not like we have control over what things cost.

·
Registered
406 Posts
that's true
but who knows maybe they're just F'ing with us and just maybe we'll see pricing for gas go up more, probably back up to what it was.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't want to alarm anyone, as this may just be a regional thing here. I ordered red diesel this morning for my forklifts at work and they told me that the price of diesel has shot way up because all three of their suppliers were out of regular diesel!!! I lucked out & got 164 gallons of red at $3.09/ gallon.

·
Registered
350 Posts
three suppliers ran out? That is hard to believe. Prices fluctuate though. Gas prices have declined a lot compared to 7/8 years ago. I'm sure things will fluctuate again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts