Diesel RAM Forum banner

Ram 1500 Diesel vs F150 Diesel

8K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  tugboat 
#1 ·

How do you think this battle will go down?

Rumors are that the F150 Diesel will be a 3.0L V6 diesel, codenamed 'Lion'.

With the new aluminum lightweight business and rumors of a 10 speed transmission. Seems like the F150 will continue to sell like hotcakes?

See less See more
Discussion starter · #7 ·
its just based off rumors

so is everything. so was the diesel ram. that started as a rumor

there is a rumor for a diesel titan. rumor for a diesel tundra.

just seems like more diesels are coming to north america

and that isn't a bad thing to me.

Discussion starter · #11 ·
Yes, more LD diesels = more choices, always a good thing.

Now if only they would give a MT option.....but I fear the EPA & CARB have pretty much killed that off now. Shame.

I like the fact that Ford is going to try aluminum for the F150 body. Good idea. I wonder why they don't try composite panels for things like the hood, fenders, doors, etc. I also thought the composite bed that Toyota used in the Tacoma was a great idea as well.

Imagine a LD truck, say the Titan with the Cummins V-8, with cylinder deactivation (like on the Hemi 5.7) - I wonder what kind of mileage boost that would produce when unloaded/lightly loaded.....throw in an aluminum or composite body to reduce weight, and ass even more payload/towing capacity AND increased mileage when unloaded.

What's next on the horizon? I know Ford was toying with HLA (hydraulic launch assist) a while back, which had the potential to increase mileage up to 20%.
i think for the hood at least. if they use composite it might not be heavy enough to close when you drop the hood.

aluminum is already much lighter. MUCH LIGHTER.

I guess they could use composite materials for the fenders

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.