Diesel RAM Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it might be fun to get an idea of who exactly all the (potential) owners on our site are. People should let us know your gender, age, location, and maybe what you do for a living and why you bought or are interested in buying the Diesel Ram. You can also add whatever else you'd like.

I'll go first:

Male
Ontario, Canada
I work in digital sales
I am interested in the Diesel Ram because it is super fuel efficient will be a great truck to take camping or do whatever other chores I need to do as they come up.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Will do...
Male
Wilmington,NC
Charter Boat Captain and Manager of Tackle shop.
I purchased mine for towing and fuel economy. Also for simple purpose of diesel engines being able to handle towing mileage better than gas engines.

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
Ok, I'm in;
Male
Hamilton Ontario
IT Manager for automotive parts manufacturer
I have a 4000 lb boat I like to keep in the driveway and jump to either lake ontario, erie, niagara river or northern ontario for some fantastic fishing. The fuel economy when it's my daily driver the rest of the time.

·
Registered
10 Posts
OK I'll go next,

Male 58
Production Supervisor
Belleville Ontario

Looking for daily driver economy but also to pull 6000lb trailer without breaking the bank.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Sure why not

59 male
IT guy
SW Ontario

Didn't like my new Pathfinder and like RAM and mileage sealed deal

·
Registered
93 Posts
Male
QA Manager
West-Central Texas Area
I needed to own just one vehicle that could work occasionally & otherwise be economical as a daily driver.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'll play

Male
Project Manager
Chattanooga, TN

Looking for something that can tow and is economical at the same time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Male
Felton, Calif. & Lahina, Maui, HI.
Retired Structural Steel Contractor
I too am interested in the Ram 1500 Ecodiesel for towing and fuel economy. As for hauling my tandem axle race car trailer, and as a daily driver!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Male,
I work in Law enforcement
I bought the ED for the 4x4 and ability to tow my SxS to our camp. I also am a bigger fellow and trucks suit me in size and comfort. I also choose the ED engine over the Hemi because of the fuel milage.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So we have a few younger guys, but most of the people who have responded so far make it seem like the average forum user is in their 50s. Plenty of Canadians.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Male
I work at Chrysler Transport truck driver
Windsor Ontario
Bought 2015 Larmie ( 2 weeks old ) 4x4 ED for fuel economy and to tow a 26' cargo trailer to haul my 1966 Pro street Nova chev 11 to drag race and car shows. Also for Daily Driver to work and to enjoy the great ride .

·
Registered
34 Posts
male
60 chronologically, 30's at heart
New Mexico
recently retired

My 4x4 Laramie was my retirement gift to myself and replaced a 2008 F-250 with the thirsty 6.8L gasoline V-10 (loved the truck and it performed flawlessly but I'm now on a "fixed income" and 10-12 mpg was not cutting it, especially with the high gas prices back then!). As evidenced by the 15K miles on my truck in 6 months, been doing a fair amount of traveling/playing!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
male
60 chronologically, 30's at heart
New Mexico
recently retired

My 4x4 Laramie was my retirement gift to myself and replaced a 2008 F-250 with the thirsty 6.8L gasoline V-10 (loved the truck and it performed flawlessly but I'm now on a "fixed income" and 10-12 mpg was not cutting it, especially with the high gas prices back then!). As evidenced by the 15K miles on my truck in 6 months, been doing a fair amount of traveling/playing!
What were you doing before your retirement. These days 60 is pretty young to retire. Congratulations.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts