Diesel RAM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think about the EcoDiesel badge? Anyone plan to remove it?

I personally am not a fan, nobody needs to know what I'm running;) Some fishing line and a rag doused in gasoline should get that off no trouble ;)

·
Registered
963 Posts
I wouldn't even consider removing it, the EcoDiesel badge is staying if I get it.
Even if they don't see the badge, when it starts up, they will know what it is.

·
Registered
963 Posts
im just not a fan of badges in general, typically remove them from everything I own...
I guess you would remove everything? Both "RAM 1500" and "EcoDiesel"? On a truck like this i think those badges are cool to have on, it add's something more to the side profile.

·
Registered
963 Posts
looks better than this

its gotta look brawny. the regular ecodiesel badges are too wimpy for a truck.
It also makes it look too much of some environmentally friendly vehicle owned by a tree hugger. I rather let everyone know i hate the environment :D

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It also makes it look too much of some environmentally friendly vehicle owned by a tree hugger. I rather let everyone know i hate the environment :D
if thats the case you better go for the 5.7 HEMI ;) HEMI to a tree hugger is like an EFF YOU to the queen ;)

·
Registered
963 Posts
if thats the case you better go for the 5.7 HEMI ;) HEMI to a tree hugger is like an EFF YOU to the queen ;)
But at the same time I want to save, reason why im going with a diesel. Diesel makes it easier on my pocket and a big EFF You to prius owners.

Plus who doesn't want to let off some black smoke?

good way to make a james bond style get away.

·
Registered
963 Posts
this ecodiesel wont be spitting smoke out like that. clean diesel :D
Something unfortunate for us crazy folks :D

But that's okay, the Ram 1500 EcoDiesel is going to be a mainstream work and personal truck that won't be abused as badly as what we've seen. Instead they will be "properly abused" :D

·
Registered
314 Posts
I think it is nice to have the EcoDiesel badge on the side. i don't think that it looks bad and while I don't really care if people know my truck is a diesel (which they will hear anyway) but if it comes with the badge I wouldn't go through the trouble of removing it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
For a all new Eco Diesel in the ram 1500 I think they could have done a better job on the looks of the badge.
I agree. I generally like the factory badges but this one looks tacky. Even so, I will probably not remove it. However I refuse to leave any dealer badges on the truck unless they want to pay me for advertising :mad:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Okay,

So I see tugboat's reference to fishing line and gasoline, but can someone give me the low-down on how to debadge withough messing up the paint job?

I'm thinking I will debadge everything cept the Ram on the front. (maybe the one on the tailgate.)

Thanks,
Dagotto

·
Registered
59 Posts
Take the fishing line (or dental floss) and get behind the badge and work back-n-forth sawing off the badge.
I've use goo gone, and others an eraser wheel*. Once done, I washed, claybar the area, and waxed. I'm sure there's a youtube video out there.

No damage to the paint.

However, I wouldn't recommend it if the 'stinkin badges' have been on for a few years. It will have a shadow effect (paint has faded on truck, but not under the badge)

*read directions--I've never used one

·
Registered
691 Posts
sometimes you can yank it right off without floss or fishing line if its new from the dealer. especially if its hot outside.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts