Diesel RAM Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
So I see tugboat's reference to fishing line and gasoline, but can someone give me the low-down on how to debadge withough messing up the paint job?

I'm thinking I will debadge everything cept the Ram on the front. (maybe the one on the tailgate.)
The side badges come off with fishing line or dental floss. Same for any Laramie or 4x4 badges on the tailgate. BUT NOT for the Ram badges on the front grill and the rear tailgate. The front is integrated into the grill. It can be removed, but it leaves cutout shape. Same for the Ram badge in the tailgate. The bodywork is shaped around it. I've seen people remove them, but they need bodywork and paint to fill the whole.

·
Registered
963 Posts
The side badges come off with fishing line or dental floss. Same for any Laramie or 4x4 badges on the tailgate. BUT NOT for the Ram badges on the front grill and the rear tailgate. The front is integrated into the grill. It can be removed, but it leaves cutout shape. Same for the Ram badge in the tailgate. The bodywork is shaped around it. I've seen people remove them, but they need bodywork and paint to fill the whole.
would you ever use a heat gun to heat up the glue? i know some people do that just enough so it's workable.

·
Registered
691 Posts
that is good to know. when you say the ram badge you mean the badge with the actual ram on it correct?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes, the Ram's Head badges on the front grill and rear tailgate are recessed and will leave holes/gaps/recessed depressions if they are removed.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Yes, the Ram's Head badges on the front grill and rear tailgate are recessed and will leave holes/gaps/recessed depressions if they are removed.
Always hated it when car makers do that.
But if you want to keep the badge because you think it looks good, it makes the badge stand out even more

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have a great idea....take em off your truck & ill give u 5$ each & ill pay to ship em to me. (Provided you don't damage them getting em off....adhesive I don't care about)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Debadging

Debadge at your own risk, safeest method I have found that leaves no marks and does NOT mess up your paint is soak area behind the badge with WD40 and then gently peel off or use fishing line to slice off. Spray remaing tape again to soak for a few minutes and then rub off with soft cloth. Works just fine.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I don't want to debadge, but would like to buy a set off of someone that doesn't want em. 5 bucks each and I'll pay the 5.80 flat rate usps priority to ship em to me. If anyone is wanting to debadge and sell pm me.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts