Diesel RAM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
One thing I know for sure, the engine will out live the body, the body will rust away before the engine even starts to give out.

·
Registered
314 Posts
This is a great video to get better acquainted with the new EcoDiesel engine. The guy in the video does a good job of giving you technical details but also telling you what those technical details mean for you when you are driving the Ram 1500.

I say its worth the watch.

·
Registered
830 Posts
yea diesels pay back MUCH faster then say a hybrid. Not to mention there is a lower barrier to entry on a diesel than a hybrid....

·
Registered
59 Posts
Around 4:30 he's talking about towing/payload and it'll pay back much sooner. But I've seen some discussion that dodge/ram says if you tow a lot, get a hemi.
??
Am I missing something?

·
Registered
830 Posts
Around 4:30 he's talking about towing/payload and it'll pay back much sooner. But I've seen some discussion that dodge/ram says if you tow a lot, get a hemi.
??
Am I missing something?
I know what you're talking about. RAM said HEAVY towing. As in up near the GWVR limits. But for stuff well within the range go for it no worries...

I also think thats a way of them safeguarding against any failures...

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it all depends HOW MUCH you are towing

If you are towing massive loads you are better off getting a dually.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I think the HEMI is a couple thousand pounds more capable than the EcoDiesel. So if you intend to tow right at the EcoDiesels limit, RAM suggests jumping to the hemi for a bit more cushion.

the truck will tow fine, mechanically the frame, suspension and brakes can take it but I think fuel mileage is more what they are worried about....

would look awfulyl poor if they claim the diesel is mileage freindly and then everyone starts towing and their mileage craters...

·
Registered
59 Posts
The 6.4
"More significant news for 2014: the addition of the all-new 6.4-liter Hemi V-8, available for both the 2500 and 3500 models."

·
Registered
59 Posts
From my understanding, the 6.4 was de-tuned for the truck to get it to be a tow/haul beast. I think the same motor was/is in the Charger and is at it's best.

·
Registered
963 Posts
From my understanding, the 6.4 was de-tuned for the truck to get it to be a tow/haul beast. I think the same motor was/is in the Charger and is at it's best.
being in the charger i'd have to say that is a true beast, much less weight with the same 6.4 engine is crazy.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts