Diesel RAM Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
drip, drip on garage floor, wife says from her F350 6.4, "well it is a dodge"... day three in shop with tranny out now and rear seal on order from ? Italy? I hope the Italian that put the oil seal in was not so hung that he screwed up everything that day... anyone else having oil leak issues on their new 1500 ED?

·
Registered
173 Posts
This is the first case i have heard about, and most likely an isolated case. Hope they get you taken care off quickly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i hope you are right. otherwise, the longhorn 4x2 has been very nice...mixed driving with 25.6 mph for first 1500 miles. Very nice ride quality and plenty of torque real quick. i have experienced the reluctance to make that final shift to 8th on hwy, bump the cruse up two mph and then down the same two mph and she does the shift...or wait 4 minutes.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yarb81- I'd tell the dealer while they have it there to run all the software updates on it. From what I was reading that there are new updates for a lot of the systems on the truck and some say it has slightly changed the shifting. Cant hurt to have the newest software anyway.

·
Registered
412 Posts
The next three areas down the forum list would be a better fit for this. Title here is "Introductions".

Never heard of a rear main going out. You got #1.

Had a rear main go on my Cummins but it was used by then.

·
Registered
173 Posts
not to derail thread but at how many miles?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
closure on rear main seal leak- EC Dsl 3.0

10 days in shop, mostly awaiting the new seal along with 3 days of back-and-forth with Chrysler on the way apart. Report from shop was the original rear seal was installed backwards. To others in thread, I'll try to get into the correct section if I post again..."Introduction" was wrong spot, even though my introduction to ED-3.0 was an oil leak at 1500 miles. I hope nothing else is backwards. A woman chased me down as I was getting in my truck at dealer asking what my ECO Dsl problem was...I told her. Then she told her tail of 50% of her first month of ownership being in the shop for issues with urea and O2 sensors on the emissions control...multiple trips for her to shop. I thought the kinks would be out from the usage in the jeeps....at least the warranty is long.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Backwards???

Too much wine for lunch on the assembly line.

Sensor issues seem to pop up on literally all new vehicle models with the EPA emission systems. Don't think it's a reflection on the Ecodiesel engine as it's a reflection on our nation's EPA mandates. Just spend $800 replacing a sensor inside the valve train on my wife's Ford Escape. it just went out of warranty and my pocket had to take over.

That was her third sensor replacement the last two years.

·
Registered
963 Posts
that sucks, and it's replacing high dollar items like that which make you want to keep a vehicle even longer to make it worth while, i know that's the case with a number of people, and down the road who know's what else will pop up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts