Diesel RAM Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving to Chicago last week, a message came up on the screen saying "Service Electronic Control". A small red Lighting Bolt was also visible while the message was on the screen. The message disappeared after 30 seconds or so. This happened 4 times during the trip.
I called the dealer and explained problem. They had no idea why this happens. Told me that next time it happens, to bring the truck in so they can hook it up to their computer. Anyone else having this problem?

·
Registered
15 Posts
It might be a sort of 'two footed driving' safety code. The Bosch ecm will cut the power and flash the lightning bolt sometimes if you have the brake slightly pressed and accel pedal pressed at same time for longer than a couple seconds. What were the driving situations when the problem occurred?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The times it happened, I generally had to brake fairly hard because of traffic situations. However, I don't think that I had the throttle and brake depressed at the same time. ( I am a two food driver, so I may be wrong)
I did notice a deceleration when this happened.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Took truck in this morning for service. Was told that Chrysler was aware of the problem and all the truck needed was a software update. This took about 1/2 hour and I was on my way. All appears OK right now.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i have had this problem twice now in 2 weeks. except when mine come on it doesnt go away for hours even days!. the truck kicks me out of cruise control goes totally gutless and will only drive in first gear. so if i go over 40km/hr my rpm is through the roof. i called chrysler and they said we will get you in next week. im not sure what im supposed to do till then. hope and pray maybe. ive also had my service DEF tank light come on. im beginning to think these eco's hate winter as i never had a single issue in the warmer weather.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Service electronic throttle control

I have been having this issue for 6 months of ownership, on and off. I have had it in to the dealer and they claim to have tested everything associated with it. I totally believe it happens when braking while one foot is slightly pressing on the accelerator pedal. I am a 2 footed driver so I do this occasionally, unintentionally. When I am more careful and do not touch the gas/diesel pedal while braking I never get the "service electronic throttle control" warning light. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
Used to be pressing the gas and the break at the same time only wore out your breaks faster, now the computers watching!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts