Diesel RAM Forum banner

41 - 60 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
My new ecodiesel "lives" at the dealership...more warning lights than an Airbus!!! Hope Ram can fix the problems, but after six Rams...this will be my last. At least my trade-in will be low mileage...under six hundred miles!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone, my name is Darryl, bought my ecodiesel limited this spring and loving it. Mainly towing a 17 foot aluminum boat and two place snowmobile trailer, and hauling my boys to football, soccer and hockey games, perfect truck for me!

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
Hello everyone, my name is Darryl, bought my ecodiesel limited this spring and loving it. Mainly towing a 17 foot aluminum boat and two place snowmobile trailer, and hauling my boys to football, soccer and hockey games, perfect truck for me!
Welcome to the forum Hooshie. We're looking forward to hearing all about your experiences with your new RAM. You will find all kinds of opinions here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Had my Eco Diesel for 2 months very pleased, we travel to Mexico for the winter months,I have a add on tank in the back that gives me a combined 3,000/miles but I will still have to fill up in Mexico.
can anyone advise if the Diesel Fuel- LSD in Mexico will cause problems. Will this 3.0 liter motor warranty wise cause me any problems. Can I use LSD rather than ULSD.
Thanks Rick

·
Registered
406 Posts
Had my Eco Diesel for 2 months very pleased, we travel to Mexico for the winter months,I have a add on tank in the back that gives me a combined 3,000/miles but I will still have to fill up in Mexico.
can anyone advise if the Diesel Fuel- LSD in Mexico will cause problems. Will this 3.0 liter motor warranty wise cause me any problems. Can I use LSD rather than ULSD.
Thanks Rick
welcome to the forum!

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
Had my Eco Diesel for 2 months very pleased, we travel to Mexico for the winter months

Welcome to the forum, lots of great people and practical information.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Ya'll. I have been looking into getting a truck for a couple years now (I am a youngin so money is always an issue) anyways. What really appeals to me is the 420lbs of torque, and the High MPGs. can anyone give me any advice on this Ecodiesel? i'm looking for Pros and Cons. i heard somewhere that oil sludges up pretty bad in these? I could be mistaken but i want to debunk any problems before i make any serious moves towards Ram or ford. thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone. I just ordered a 4x4 CC short bed tradesman and will be trading in a 2010 jetta TDI sportswagon. I drive 500 miles a week, 80% highway and some hills. I know I'll be paying more for the commute but think the added versatility will be worth it. I look forward to learning more about the truck on this forum. My other "Chryslers" are a 64 Willys truck, 71 hurst commando and a 79 J-10. Nice to meet all of you. Jim

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi everyone! Just purchased my first Dodge Ram, first Dodge ever for that matter... I was a Chevy/GMC guys previously, 2 Chevy 2500 HD's 1 a Duramax. 2 GMC's 1 Tahoe and 2500 Suburban, also I have to add I also own a Toyota Tacoma which was the biggest mistake in my truck buying history LOL. Now I must say I have so far never been happier with a truck EVER. My 2014 EcoDiesel is by far my favorite to date, amazing truck and I hope to enjoy it for many years to come. I hope to learn a lot here about my new truck here and meet some fellow ecodiesel enthusiasts!

·
Registered
6 Posts
My name is Shawn. I drove my 2002 1500 with a 5.9 off the lot with 50 miles on it. 14 years and 210,000 miles later I'm thinking about its replacement. I wanted to hear about the Eco Diesel from real owners. I do all my own maintenance and repairs. Never owned a diesel and haven't decided if I want one.

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
Welcome to the forum, lot's of good information here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My name is Ashley. My family and many friends have all owned Ram trucks for years. I finally drank the cool-aid and aquired my 1500 ecodiesel Late June 2014. Not sure why I didn't do it sooner! Love my truck!

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
My name is Ashley. My family and many friends have all owned Ram trucks for years. I finally drank the cool-aid and aquired my 1500 ecodiesel Late June 2014. Not sure why I didn't do it sooner! Love my truck!
Welcome to the forum. There are lots of great people here and tons of information. We're all looking forward to hearing about your experiences with your new RAM.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Warranty ---Service Contracts--do you need to buy extra on EcoDiesel truck

In regards to Warranty ---Service Contracts
I stop in dealer to night to check on truck et and was given a Vin # now for 2015 Larmine EcoDiesel . My question is about Warranty package and options they offer , which one to pick if any. Can any body give me some direction on this, example you can buy extra 2 years or complete 5 years with oil change etc this is called gold plus components etc. If you dont use product you get refund at end of term. Then there is the undercoating package also for a stand alone prices also. I have a little bit of time to review all the warranty price and decide but also some good money to have full coverage also . please give your views ? Thanks

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
In regards to Warranty ---Service Contracts
I stop in dealer to night to check on truck et and was given a Vin # now for 2015 Larmine EcoDiesel . My question is about Warranty package and options they offer , which one to pick if any. Can any body give me some direction on this, example you can buy extra 2 years or complete 5 years with oil change etc this is called gold plus components etc. If you dont use product you get refund at end of term. Then there is the undercoating package also for a stand alone prices also. I have a little bit of time to review all the warranty price and decide but also some good money to have full coverage also . please give your views ? Thanks
Hi Jim, Welcome to the forum, you'll get lots of good replies to your questions. This is an "introduce yourself" thread. I recommend you start a new thread with this questions, you'll get more response.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello Everyone
My name is William and I purchased a 4x4 EcoDiesel on November 26. I have been stuck in the fire station the last two days and only put about 50 miles on it before I came to work. I came to this site to find out what kind of issues people were having with these trucks and how they were standing up.
So far I absolutely love my new truck!!!

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
Hello Everyone
My name is William and I purchased a 4x4 EcoDiesel on November 26. I have been stuck in the fire station the last two days and only put about 50 miles on it before I came to work. I came to this site to find out what kind of issues people were having with these trucks and how they were standing up.
So far I absolutely love my new truck!!!
Welcome to the forum William, you will find a bunch of good folks here that also love their trucks. We're looking forward to hearing about your experiences and may some cool pics of your truck in the firehouse.

41 - 60 of 100 Posts