Diesel RAM Forum banner

61 - 80 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello my name is Kelvin. I am new to this forum and I currently own a 2012 Chrysler 300C and I am looking to purchase a new truck in the future! Im here to see what the pro and cons are with the truck! looking forward to getting one tho!

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
Hello my name is Kelvin. I am new to this forum and I currently own a 2012 Chrysler 300C and I am looking to purchase a new truck in the future! Im here to see what the pro and cons are with the truck! looking forward to getting one tho!
Welcome, lots of good information here. Let us know how you're search is going.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2014 2 dr, eco, 8spd, Slt, 8ft bed, white, black bucket with center, lone star pkg.
under 30k total, west of san antonio. also own 2004 3500, cummins, auto, larmie, 8 ft bed
white, grey leather, deer guard, rail steps, rino bedliner only 68,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My name is Chas and I was searching for a new work truck and ended up with a 2015 1500 ecodiesel big horn. I do real estate development building new homes. I drive a lot for work and needed something that could pull and haul. I was looking at the 2500 and 3500, but the ecodiesel sold me on its MPG. Now if I could find a way to increase the payload and towing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ordered 2015 Tradesman

Hi,
obwan Here. I just ordered a 1500 2015.
Just a dumb question but, Is the Turbo Diesel engine still the EcoDiesel engine?
Dealer says it is still the 3.0L but he doesn't call it an ecodiesel.

Thanks for answering.

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
Hi,
obwan Here. I just ordered a 1500 2015.
Just a dumb question but, Is the Turbo Diesel engine still the EcoDiesel engine?
Dealer says it is still the 3.0L but he doesn't call it an ecodiesel.

Thanks for answering.
Welcome, if it's in a 1500 and it's a 3.0l, then it's the ecodiesel.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2014 Dodge Ram 1500 CC Ecodiesel with the ram box. pretty basic truck. my 4th ram. i've owned a 99 1500 quad cab, 03 hemi 1500 quad cab and still have my 2009 Dodge ram 2500 quad cab with a cummins.

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
2014 Dodge Ram 1500 CC Ecodiesel with the ram box. pretty basic truck. my 4th ram. i've owned a 99 1500 quad cab, 03 hemi 1500 quad cab and still have my 2009 Dodge ram 2500 quad cab with a cummins.
Welcome to the site James

·
Registered
1 Posts
2015 Outdoorsman Ordered

James here... planning to pick up a custom-ordered EcoDiesel in late April. I'm looking for options for configurations at this point.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Eric,
Why do you still have your 2009 2500???
I kept my 2009 2500 diesel just incase the '15 Eco couldt handle my 24ft enclosed toy hauler(7900)lbs. So far I think it will handle it, I pulled it about 288 miles on mostly flat highway got 13.8 mpg. Hoping to do better when the truck gets more miles on it. The cummins only got 11.5 mpg pulling the same trailer.

Mike

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just wanted to say Hi

Just wanted to intro myself to the forum. Traded in my '13 QC Bighorn Hemi 2wd with 3.55 rear for a '15 QC Outdoorsman Eco 4wd with 3.92 rear and the air suspension.

I have been reading about the issues owners have been having with the Ecos before I bought mine, but couldn't resist the urge for this particular truck. I test drove the truck with my trailer loaded (22 ft enclosed car trailer with my restored 74 Duster inside), and could not believe what a difference there was. The air suspension and that 3.92 rear coupled to the low end diesel grunt really impressed me.

Hoping not to have any headaches down the road with this engine...

Brian

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello guys .
I'm new to the forum .I have a 15 ecodiesel limited with tow pkg and air suspension.
White on black leather with the chrome pkg .
my last ram was a 2000 quad cab with the cummins .. loved the cummins . Finger crossed on the ecodiesel .
I will be pulling a car trailer loaded down to carlisle at the end Aug .. looking forward to see how she pulls .

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone new to form. My ride is 2015 Ram ED 4x4 SLT crew cab started to read comments here to get info on my ED has been helpful and some what disappointing to hear some of the issues people are having.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got here via Auto Guide. I didn't notice this was a 1500 forum as I have a stock 2500 2012 SLT Cummins Crew, 4:10 axle 4x4
. However, I will give my opinion of my Ram and the 1500 EcoDiesel
My 2500 Cummins is a great tower with lots of power and a very stable and comfortable truck. The one thing I hate about it is the fuel consumption. I had a 11000 Lb. 5th wheel; now have a 7000Lb travel trailer. Towing either trailer this truck; with no wind and 1900 RPM struggles to get 9 MPG US. Running empty 15 MPG is a gift! This Cummins really doesn't care what I tow, it gives no more than 9MPG . The only exception is at altitudes above 5000 FT 10 MPG is possible. Ram should concentrate on improving Cummins fuel economy rather than cranking out 900 Ft. Lbs. of torque! Also, I went to the Cummins dealer to get my Cummins checked electronically for any snags and or upgrades. They said they DO NOT work on Ram Cummins because the electronics, intake and exhaust are designed by Ram and totally different than Cummins own system. Maybe Ram should use what Cummins designed the engine to use, rather than bastardizing it !
On the 1500 EcoDiesel with 3:92 axle. With 2015 Model, I towed My 7000 LB travel trailer. At 65 MPH the truck would not shift above 6th gear, fuel mileage was 13.2 MPG US ; with no wind the truck was quite unstable at highway speed.
I would not recommend the 1500 chassis for towing anything over about 4000 LBS. An extra note: I tried a 2015 1500 Hemi; 3:92 axle as well with my trailer, mileage was 10MPG and for towing was under powered compared to EcoDiesel. They'll both chirp the tires with the trailer on but for towing, I'd say 3000/4000 Lbs. would be my max.

61 - 80 of 100 Posts