Diesel RAM Forum banner

81 - 100 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Took delivery of a new 2015 1500 ECODIESEL 4 x 4 Big Horn on Friday, September 18. After my '05 ThunderRoad Hemi began to wane on me, I traded her for an '11 Big Horn Hemi. At 116k, she was diagnosed as needing new lifters and cam... I am a RAM fan and needed that prod to give the Eco a try. I had been looking at the Cummings for a while but my type of work didn't justify the added expense. The ECO should fill the bill nicely. I look forward to many years of service.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Everyone.. I am Connie.. bought my 2015 1500 ECO D 4 by 4 a month ago.. was a Ford a girl all my life.. however I also have a 2003 Ram v 10 that I was driving in the winter more work truck no frills.. just power and it drank gas .. it was time to add to the toys and after research I choose this truck and I am so happy.. I love this truck.. the way it drives, they way it tows.. I like a larger truck.. so getting a 1500 was a tough choice.. however the price tag of 2500 and 3500.. made it easier.. plus I don't need a huge hauling truck .. I have older models if I need to haul.. I wanted a safe nice 4 wheel drive truck .. and I got way more then I asked for.. I have to admit the cooling vented seats.. are really nice on a hot summer day.. I have a tough cool looking truck that feels like a luxury car on the inside.. best of both worlds... but then the engine.. it rocks.. for the size and MPG.. how can we go wrong???? I know Cummins and Duramax are buzz word engines.. but I think in the next few years now only will Ram continue to top the charts of being the #1 truck maker.. but this smaller Eco D is going to put diesel engines in a lite duty truck on the want list of many people.. I sort of hang on to my vehicles.. I still have my first new 350 dually.. from the early 90's.. but after buying this.. once the warranty is up on this .. we'll see what Ram does to make the next truck in my future worth buying!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello All, Goose from the PNW here. Just took delivery of my dream truck. '15 Laramie Longhorn.... Silver and obviously EcoDiesel. Looking forward to reading up on all the old posts and new posts...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi. I have a 2014 eco diesel. Does anyone have information how this vehicle will operate in Mexico using Mexican diesel. I heard Mexican diesel was not refined properly for use in my truck. Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi eco diesel owners. Does anybody have experience or information on the suitability of Mexican diesel fuel on my 2014 eco diesel truck. I was told Mexican diesel was not up to U.S. standards, and that I should not drive my vehicle in Mexico. Is that true, anyone. What is your experience and/or opinion? I am very happy with its performance in the U.S. but a little concerned about driving/filling-up in Mexico. Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I don't do Mexico but I have a neighbor that has 200,00+ on his 2005 Dodge Cummins and probably 90% of the fuel he burns is purchased in Mexico. He has had no fuel related troubles.

I have relatives who do a lot in Mexico, one has a 2006 Ford 6.0 diesel another has an early Ford 7.3 and another the new 2015 Ford diesel. They all regularly buy Mexican fuel and none have had any fuel problems.

My son likewise often buys Mexican fuel for his Ford Excursion 6.0 and never had a fuel problem

I too have "heard" that Mexican fuel does not meet "our" standards but I have never heard of anyone having any problems using Mexican fuel.

Don't know why the Ram 3.0 would be any different.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone, my name is Anthony. I bought a 2016 Ram 1500 4x4 Crew Cab EcoDiesel a few days ago and absolutely love it so far. This is my first diesel truck so I am pretty stoked. We have a 26' hybrid camper and it pulls it very nicely. I joined this forum hopefully to learn more about my diesel, and what kind of mods can be done to it that won't void any warranties.

·
Registered
5 Posts
New Ram, New to Forum

Hi Everyone: I am new to this forum, not sure i am posting in the right spot or not, but this is similar to another forum i frequent (BMW Luxury Touring Motorcycles), so hopefully i won't mess up too bad.

Just pulled the trigger on a new RAM Eco Diesel today and can't wait till tomorrow when i pick it up. We had a foot of snow yesterday, there should still be some left at my camp to try out the 4 x 4 and see how it does getting me in the road. I look forward to reading a lot of what seems to be pretty good info about the diesel. Maybe i should have discovered this forum before i bought. Want to look at all the comments, issues (if any) with the truck, and what to do and not to do. I had 2 diesels previously, a 1976 VW Rabbit which worked great, and i pumped my fuel from the furnace tank in the basement. Also had a 1983 or 84 Toyota truck with a turbo diesel, can't remember exactly when i got it. Engine tossed some valves or something at about 40,000 miles and sold the thing to a guy who had a pre-turbo toyota turbo. Apparently they worked great. Not so the Turbos and Toyota never came out with a diesel again.

Thanking everyone in advance for any help offered, i usually find these forums full of information and help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Purchased a 2016 Ram Eco diesel Crew Cab a few days ago. Tradesmen with some upgrades. Very comfortable and so far mileage is impressive--about 23 mpg. Dealer had many in stock. With rebates, many $$ off of MSRP.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
New from CT

Just got my new 2016 Quadcab Laramie Eco Diesel.
Planning on towing a motorcycle trailer with it.
Love the truck so far!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the opportunity to purchase a 2015 -16 a Ram 1500 ecodiesel Limited with 24k on her and a brand new engine. Full factory warranty & an additional 5 year 75k warranty. After negotiating I signed the dotted line for $26,700.00. Truck is sweet, Engine was installed July 2016. I know nothing about Diesels so I'm here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
From the great white north! I have always wanted a truck but could not justify the fuel usage. 10 days ago I purchased a 2015 Laramie EcoD. 57,000 kms. So far all is well but fingers crossed as this is my first American made vehicle and my largest purchase yet. (Besides my mortgage of course). Also my first diesel and it seems I have a lot to learn so hopefully this is the place.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Cummins, inc. Officially recommends power service® diesel kleen +cetane and diesel fu

We are excited to announce that leading global engine manufacturer Cummins Inc now officially endorses and recommends Power Service Diesel Kleen +Cetane Boost and Diesel Fuel Supplement +Cetane Boost for use in diesel engines!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Cummins, inc. Officially recommends power service® diesel kleen +cetane and diesel fu

We are excited to announce that leading global engine manufacturer Cummins Inc now officially endorses and recommends Power Service Diesel Kleen +Cetane Boost and Diesel Fuel Supplement +Cetane Boost for use in diesel engines!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello All.
I'm new here too.
So why am I here?

I grew up in a family that always had trucks that worked on a ranch (though none were diesels).
I've towed plenty of loads including boat/trailer and the occasional trek to the cattle auction with a few head-o-cattle.
Back in the day, it seemed that limits on equipment were a very general guideline.
Honestly, I'm sure I towed loads WAY OVER the limits of some of those trucks.

A couple of years ago, when considering a new truck, and with fuel economy and longevity on my mind, I looked around for options.
Quickly RAM Ecodiesel's got my attention, but towing larger loads were not considered.
So I've owned my Lone Star RAM 1500 Crew ED for about 15 months.
Wow! I love it! It is the most comfortable vehicle I've owned.

Last summer, my wife and I went on a 22 day trip across the West in it and we towed a tear drop trailer (~2400 lbs plus gear).
I was amazed with the fuel economy of the ED on that trip (25.6 MPG).

Since then, and with our retirements fairly soon, we are considering the purchase of a travel trailer.
Knowing that vehicles are designed with more exacting tolerances to get more performance with greater efficiency, I've become concerned that I not over work the ED, and more importantly, have a safe experience. But yet, we want a TT that we could "live in" on our trips across the country.
I hope my ED RAM can do it well and safely!
I really don't want to change.

So consequently, I've been scanning the internet for pertenant information.
And this is why I'm here.

Peace!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello to all, my name is Jorell, hailing from SoCal. Just bought a '16 ED BigHorn 4x4. Brand new to the diesel world in general and to the Ram brand, not new to MOPARs though (Bought and Sold '73 dart, and '68 'Cuda Notchback)... Looking to build a light overland/Camping Rig for the family while still using the truck as a commuter! Any input, advice, tips, tricks, etc. are appreciated and welcome! I know how resourceful these communities can be!!!

Thanks

81 - 100 of 101 Posts