Diesel RAM Forum banner

What's your MPG?

139K views 105 replies 56 participants last post by  Customer Service 
#1 ·
Curious to know how everyone is doing on mpg.

I just filled up the other day at about 800+ miles. I'm using a car maintenance app to track my fill ups and it gave me a reading of 24.4, with 95% being city driving. Fuelly says 24.2. Also my DEF needle has barely moved off of the full line.

How are you guys doing?

#13 ·
Hwy has been 70mph with cruise. City has been a moderately aggressive in acceleration for ring seating. IMO, I believe a little faster accel to "planing speed" helps mpg rather than a long slow burn up to your desired speed.

Most of my roads in SE Michigan are 45mph so I run around 50mph. Trans will not shift to 8th gear unless I coast a second or two at that speed and then it will hold 8th down to about 47ish then back to 7th. I coast as much as I can and don't care what people behind think. Most of the time they will pass me and screw me up as I will have the light timed perfectly.

#18 ·
I am seriously thinking about buying a ram ecodiesel to commute with. I put on 85 miles a day, 5 days a week. Been doing it for years with a car, but I hate cars... I currently average 7.4 l/100km or 31.79 mpg and had been thinking about buying a second vehicle (truck) and keep running my car. But if the ecodiesel gives the fuel mileage you are talking about it may be able to give me everything in one vehicle. I run about 75 miles of that at 60 mpg and the other 15 at brief city 40 mph. How do you feel the ecodiesel would do with that commute? I think I would get an 4x4 Outdoorsman crew if I was to pick today.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.