Diesel RAM Forum banner

Where are folks with the EcoDiesels hiding!

10K views 25 replies 14 participants last post by  AnywhereInTX 
#1 ·
OK, so the only EcoD I have seen is the one we own and to date I havent seen a single one in the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area. So, I'm wondering how many are out there now?

#5 ·
At a dealership? I was told by our dealer that they are not allowed to have any until outstanding orders are fulfilled.

#13 ·
Ordered Mine 2/10/14 came in this week and picked it up yesterday. So far I am impressed. The 3.0 has a lot of pep and 8 speed works oh so smooth. Love the air ride. Came with 275/60/20 4 ply went down to tire shop right away and put on 275/65/20 10 ply as I live in country and travel a lot of gravel roads. Will try and update as time goes along.

#14 ·
Congrats on your new truck...the 10 ply is going to roughen your ride a little, but it beats changing out a tire on the side of the road.

#16 ·
First ED in Town

Picked mine up about 3 weeks ago. Dealer said it was the first one they had received and sold. They are waiting on dealer orders to arrive. I am stunned by the number of folks who have no idea what I am driving. Typical conversation.."Nice Truck, is that a Diesel?" "Thanks, Yes it is." "Why did you buy a HD, you don't tow much?" etc....

I've added Mopar steps, Husky floor mats, ARE Topper, Husky mud flaps and have de-badged everything cept the Ram emblems and the ED and Ram badge on the side. (they may go soon.)

Very Happy So Far.

#17 ·
8,000+ more on order. But given the vast area of the USA it's like a needle in a haystack.

#19 ·
My dealer has one on the lot for sale. It's the most expensive one to. All the extras added. I guess someone ordered it and then changed their mind after it arrived.
My dealer is in Elizabethtown, ky if anyone wants to make a trip lol. I think they said it was $55,000.

#21 · (Edited)
Drove a Laramie with all the goodies minus the ram box. I have a ford ecoboost and love the power and zoom but not many bells and whistles. They originally said $53 k for the truck. So I test drove it about 25 miles.. I got it up to 105 mph and was basically full throttle much of the time. I averaged 21 mpg which I was SUPER impressed with considering it was at 3500' elevation and I wasn't easy on it at all. While its no ecoBOOST its not bad at all and I know my ecoboost would have averaged about 12 driving the way I was. The truck drove super nice and loved all the gadgets. So we went back and talked price, the lowest they would come down to was $49k but very good trade on my truck$28,000. I didn't do it. So, I started price checking dealers in Oregon, Idaho and Washington. After 2 weeks I ordered a truck 2 days ago. Laramie 4x4 3.55 gears all the goodies minus side steps, rain sensitive wipers, bed liner and tonneau cover(trying to add it tomorrow I think). But after much back and forth and 5 dealerships I got my truck ordered finally with an MSRP of 50,215 and agreed price after all the deductions is $40,600 and they offered me 28,000 for my trade which is about 4,000 less total difference in price when you consider trade vs price of the new truck that any other dealership offered. They said they were taking about a 3,500 loss but needed the order to make their bonus???? non the less my only worry at this time is the rebate of 2,500, they said if the rebate goes down my price goes up because the rebate is only good at time of delivery. Anyone else heard of that??
So, I am super stoked about the truck and already dreading the long wait.. they said about 2 months (hoping that's correct but know it may be longer). I did do away with the 20'' tires and rims. priced out replacement NON P rated tires (I drive in the woods) and they are way to expensive so saved $425 off invoice for the 17'' tires.
Does anyone have the stock tonneau cover?? If so, do you like it?

#26 ·
Take a swing by the review area, I did a shirt review if everything I have out my truck through so far. It may answer some of your questions. Bottom line though, if you don't opt for the EcoD, there are better gasser options out there from Toyota if reliability and interior quality are your thing.

#24 ·
Butch so far, we have been happy with ours. We tend to keep vehicles for several years and put a good amount on miles on them. The diesels become more economical for a long term, but not for short term due to the upfront cost.

#25 ·
I am in eastern NC, Havelock. I am told I have the first Ecodiesel delivered from the Morehead City dealership. That was on May 23rd. I don't expect to see many more, if any, for months. They can not order more in unless customer ordered, no trucks on spec.

I will say that I've never gotten the EPA mileage listed on any vehicle owned. We did a 111.4 mile road trip today, average speed 39MPH, average MPG was 27.4.

I recorded the MPG on the pure highway, traveled 39 miles, average MPH was 60 and the MPG was 30.0, yep, 2 MPG over the highway rating. My son and I are in awe of this truck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.